Dear Diary - Final

29 March, 2022
( Present time. )

Dear Diary,

Hi, it's been really long bestie. Okay, a lot, like a lot has happened within the last eighteen months. Let me fill you up.

I just re-read my last entry that i had written four years ago, today. I was devastated. Had nowhere to go. Had no idea what I was going to do with my life. Didn't know if I would even have a life.

When I came to Chicago, I had no one to go to, to talk to. I had already taken abortion pills. So I went to hospital for the abortion, and there I met Josie. She was a first year resident that time, looking for a roommate. We kind of got along and that's how I ended up being her roommate.

Abortion is just a small word, but effects are deep, not much physically but mentally. The guilt of taking a life had me almost killing myself. It took me months to get over the nightmares and trauma.

I started a job to make a living for myself. I had just begun to do fine when my past came back as though flood from a broken dam. I don't know how I ended up applying for the post of assistant in Hans' company, as his assistant.

I know, you must be wondering about what was Hans doing in US. Yes, I was thinking the same. But things on his side were no less complicated. Chill, I'll tell you everything.

So as I started working for him, he had certainly not been the kindest to me. We were more like enemies than boss and assistant. But as the time passed I got to know that it was my very own father, Mr. Williamson, who made a deal with Hans and his father.

And everything Hans did was because he was being pressurized by Richard and Mr. Williamson. I was very very pissed at Mr. Williamson for everything, but then Hans told me about his demise.

He had been dead for almost two years, and I had no idea. Yes, the worst daughter award goes to me. I had always hated him. He had always tried to buy happiness for me. Well, I had been broke most of my time in Chicago, so I won't say that money can't buy happiness.

But not all kinds of happiness.

You can't buy yourself a happy family. You can't buy a parent's love. I better not go there, I have a lot to tell you.

And and about that night. When Hans gave me those divorce papers. He wasn't drunk. He was drugged, by Rebecca. Mouth was his, but words were hers.

Ahhh I know it's complicated. That's why I'm not going to go to details. Just know that Hans and I, we both were being played by our fathers.

The day we came back from Manchester to Chicago, something happened to me. Something that still sometimes wakes me up from my sleep in the midnight. I remember the pain.

I had my brain surgery. Guess, what. It was a success. I mean that's why I'm here writing this and not in heaven, duh. And all this while, Hans' and I got actually close. He had helped me through the post surgery thing. He had taken care of me like a baby.

And I know it might be too much to process all at once, but it's been a year since the day Hans proposed me.

And a year since I SAID YES!

Yes, I said YES!!!

You might not believe it, but I'm genuinely finally happy with him. He works hard in his office and I'm focusing on my books, my career as an author, but we make time for each other. We spend weekends together watching movies or he sometimes arranges date nights.

And we travel, we travel a lot. You know how much he loves travelling. But he never leaves a change to be a gentleman and never forgets to treat me like a royalty.

And now, I think we are planning to adopt a child. We consulted the doctors, they said we can try to have our own baby but the risk is guaranteed. And I'm not really comfortable with surrogacy.

Besides, it doesn't really matter if the child has our blood running in its veins. What matters is, that the child will complete us. We will be a happy family. Hans has always wanted to have a child. And honestly, I've grown to feel the same way. It's probably just a human thing, but now I have no second thoughts on having a child, with Hans.

That's what I have always dreamt of, having a family with the person I love.

Hans is the man I've cursed the most, but he's also the only man I've loved the most. No matter what happened, I always had a feeling that we belong with each other.

You know, it's like a gravitational pull between us. No matter how far away we go, we somehow just end up being together. And that's what makes us, us, Hans and Nora.

No, no correction-- Hans and Noriana, his Silly Nerd, who has always been his and will always be.

Love Noriana.

❤❤❤