Chapter 46 : Champagne Problems

Anger is nothing more than an outward expression of hurt, fear and frustration.

Nora's POV-

" Mr. Anderson and Ms. Williamson, Welcome to Venice. " the stewardess reveals and my jaw touches the floor of the Private Jet we are in.

We are in Venice!?

Oh heavens, How? How can Hans remember every single thing? We were not even dating back when I just randomly told him that I wish to go to Venice with my future partner.

" I hope you're not offended by her not calling you with your real name. " Hans mumbles in my ear while I'm still busy gazing out of the transparent window.

" Hm? " I look at him in confusion.

" Your real name-- Mrs. Anderson. " he smirks. Rolling my eyes, I swing a punch on his chest. Not going to lie, I know he's just teasing me, but deep down I like the sound of his name after mine.

We check out of the jet, the strong wind strikes against my body, the weather seems cold and cloudy, just how I like it. I like rain but I don't enjoy it as much as I do the weather before it rains.

Dark clouds, great wind-- chef's kiss.

Okay, now being completely honest, I think Hans has brought me here to propose me. Because, why else would he bring me to one of the most romantic places in the world, Venice.

But of course, I'm going to act clueless, " Why are we here? "

" Consider it as your birthday present." he tells as we get inside the car, that I'm guessing, is taking us to the hotel. " My birthday passed a month ago while I was on partial bed rest. "

" Yeah, well, it's never too late. Besides, someone once mentioned that they wish to visit Venice someday. " he winks.

" Guess, that someone also mentioned about a future partner that they'd like to explore this beautiful place with. You know, walking and holding hands, doing romantic stuff. Where is my future partner? I can't seem to find him. " I tease with a fake frown as I jokingly look around.

A grin acquires his face, that he tries to hide. He slowly slips his hand in mine and leans slightly towards me to whisper in my ear, " Well, why waste time to find a future partner, when we can be friends with benefits. "

And a laugh escapes my mouth, he accompanies me as well.

This trip is going to be fun.

***

I'm completely bloated.

For breakfast, we had Cicchetti, which is like assortment of different snacks, like sandwiches, boiled eggs, vegetables and other things.

Boring! I know.

And that's why we spent the noon shopping, and eating a variety of food. Hans' plan was to go to some expensive, according to him and boring in my opinion, restaurant. So I suggested him, extremely politely, to taste little bit of all sort of food items, the city has to offer.

We had Panini, a must food item if you're in Italy. Some really tasty deep fried meatballs, that Italians like to call Polpette. Fritole, Tramezzini, and a lot of other things I can't remember the name of.

When Hans told me to pack my bags the other night, I was gobsmacked for a second. I really thought he was going to kick me out. But then he said, let's go on a vacation.