Chapter 32 : Wedding Day [ Part 2 ]

❁A Good Marriage Isn't Something You Find, It's Something You Make, And You Have To Keep On Making It.❁

Hans' POV -

Bollocks. Is she mad that i kissed her? But she kissed me back, didn't she? But then again she left without any word. Jesus, why do I do such things?

She's right. I'm a Male Bitch. Idiot Male Bitch.

But it will be unfair to blame it all on me. She was so close to me. Everytime she is close to me I lose my senses. I forget the wall between what is right and what is wrong.

The ground is getting filled with coming guests. Noriana is with Josie Taylor. Not an appropriate time to disturb her. Let's check what is in the food menu.

***

Occupying a seat in the second row I watch Liam, Josie Taylor's almost husband, standing on the stage. His hands are shivering. He's taking deep breaths. He looks nervous.

Deja vu.

I was feeling exactly the same way on my wedding day. It's just a few minutes when the groom waits for the bride. But those few minutes feel like a thousand.

I remember standing there. I didn't know whether to look at the people sitting there or just look down at floor. I didn't know if I was doing right. If marrying Noriana was the right decision or not. My heartbeat was rising with every passing second.

But the second Noriana entered the church, everything stopped. When she walked in that white gown, looking like a queen. A constant smile on her face.

I forgot about the people watching us. For me, it was just us. And at that moment, I couldn't tell if the decision of marrying her was right or not. But I knew it deep in my soul that it wasn't wrong.

With a blink in my eyes, I come back to the present. I stand up to watch the bride walking down the aisle but then realise that all this time when I was reminiscing my wedding, my bride has been sitting beside me.

Noriana's eyes on Josie like everybody else but mine on her.

Everyone sit down and so do we as the bride reaches the stage. “ This reminds me of our wedding. ” I whisper, but she doesn't reply. She's pissed off at me. So I give my luck another chance. “ Doesn't it remind you of our wedding? ”

“ Nope. ”

Definitely pissed off.

Averting my eyes back to the stage, I sigh. I'm usually good at making conversations but this time, I'm lacking of words.

“ It will be wrong to compare us with Josie and Liam. They are nothing like us. Their love is true. No place for lies and pretense. ” she says. Not a word of her is untrue. Then why does my heart feel shattered?

I have no right to say she likes to live in denial when I'm no different. No matter how much I try to deny. Her eyes are the proof that her love for me was never fake.

The way she blushes away when I smile at her is not bluff. She loved me, maybe much more than I did. And maybe I deserved what I got. Lying to her was never my choice but I lied anyway.

“ And now: Liam Harrington, do you take Josie Alison Taylor to be your lawful wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore? ” the officiant asks.