Chapter 26 : Ridiculous

Then finally, left embers of Satan shouted ‘ He wasn't born. He was created.

Hans' POV -

My fist gets paler by scrunching as Andrew leaves the cabin. I clench my jaws and stay stagnant for a second in attempt to calm down my wrath but... Fuck!

I punch my fist to the wall of the cruise next to me which only returns me more physical pain. However, I would always prefer physical pain over mental.

I can't believe I told Andrew about my past. Hans Nicholas Anderson told someone something he had never disclosed to anyone. And he took Noriana's side. This world is full of betrayers.

Throwing all the things that were lying on the table I grab my head which can burst any minute because of all the unwanted flashbacks that are worse than my nightmares.

The day she ran away, the news went viral throughout the state. Within 2 hours since I got that letter, the police arrested me and father, ceased all of our bank accounts as well as my father's house.

No doubt David Williamson was controlling them. Although, I somehow managed to hide the letter in a save place where police couldn't find it.

The time when no one helped us, Rebecca, my old friend, came as a saviour. She paid the bail amount and got us out the same night. We, father, mother and I, spent two days in my small apartment that I bought when I was in college with my self earned money. After that they ceased it too.

We had no money, except the ones I saved for my dream, travelling the world. We somehow managed to hire a lawyer. I was trying my best to not break down and fall apart but I did, when father finally committed suicide by cutting his wrist.

Maybe the easiest and the smartest way to get out of the situation. I wish I could do the same and end my life. But the thought of my mother never let me do it.

Leaving her alone in that situation would have been the most cowardice decision. And Hans Nicholas Anderson was never a coward.

After a few days, a news came out that David Williamson died of an heart attack. Apparently, he couldn't handle the pain his daughter gave him as a gift. This news stayed on the headlines on every national and international news media at least for a week. It was probably the best news of my life. The case also got closed.

On his funeral, I thought Noriana would come. At least to see her father for the last time. She didn't. And that day, even I felt a little bad for David too. Whatever he did to us was in his daughter's love. The same daughter who didn't bother to attend her own father's funeral.

And then it was my mother, who left in peace. I saw three consecutive deaths in just three months, from which two were my own blood, my family. All because of her. While she never looked back to the mess she created.

I admit my fault that I lied to her, even so it was never easy for me either. She was my good friend yet she was not my type. I needed some time to accept her as my life partner with all my heart. I never disrespected or hurt her. I just needed some time to understand all the chaos.

She should have come to me and talked about everything and especially that she was pregnant. I would've done anything for my child.

If I had to give up all the money and property David gave to us, I would've done that without thinking for a second. But she never gave me a chance to explain myself.

The only person who held my hand in such time and gave me support was Rebecca. Over all of my deeds, I did the worst to her. We used to date back in college. I really fancied her but then I had to break up with her because of my father's hunger for money.