Chapter 37 : Amen

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

Nora's POV -

“ Nori, Honey. ”

“ Mr. Williamson, why are you here, again? I told you to go away. ”

“ Honey, I'm sorry. For not being a father you deserved. I should've told you what you meant to me. But I reckon, it's too late. ”

“ Why didn't you tell me this when it wasn't late? ”

“ I miss you, Nori. Please come and meet me. ” he mumbles in my ear and starts to fade away in the dark.

“ Where are you going? I want to talk with you. ”

“ Mr. Williamson! Stop. ”

“ Daddy, stay. Please. I want to talk. ”

Another morning, another dream. What is up? Why am I getting such dreams? And why does Mr. Williamson keep saying he wants to meet me?

After thinking for a few seconds, I recall I had similar dreams last year as well, that too in the same month, December.

Should I go to Manchester and meet him?

But why would he want to see me. I have embarrassed him enough. It's better if he thinks I'm dead for good.

“ Look, this is the first and last time I'm here to ask you to come down for breakfas-- ” Hans just walks in invading my privacy. I look like a scary witch with my messy hairs and teary eyes.

“ I know you have the potential to look much scarier but, is everything alright? ” he walks over to the bed while I wipe my swear with some tissues.

“ Why do you care? ”

“ I don't. But I still kind of do. So you're gonna tell me? ”

Sometimes, I guess it's fine share what's bothering you. Or else I might go insane if I overthink about everything.

“ Do you have Mr. Williamson's contact number? The number I had doesn't work anymore. ” Last year, when I was having similar dreams, I tried calling him. But they'd said the number no longer exists.

I could also google that, but there wouldn't be his official number. If I call in his office, obviously they will not transfer the call directly to the owner until I reveal my identity. If Hans had his number, I can easily talk to him. But what will I say?

“ Umm no. I don't. Why do you suddenly want his number? ”

“ I've been having these dreams, where he says he wants to meet me and stuff like that. Like he wants to tell me something. ” I look at Hans looking at me with a concern face.

“ Nora, I need to tell you something. ” he takes a sigh and holds my hands in him. I get weird uneasy feeling in my heart everytime he calls me Nora.

“ Go on. ”

He tries to open his mouth but seems like he can't find the right words. “ Umm, I think, it's better if I just show you. ”

What is it?

“ But before that, we're leaving for a place in two hours. So go change, have your breakfast first. ” he softly pats on my cheeks and leaves the room.

Why is he suddenly Hans Polite Anderson?

***

“ Where are we going? And why are we walking? Isn't Hans Nicholas Anderson too proud to be walking on streets? ” I ask. He hasn't told me where are we going. I'm just following him like a clown.