Chapter 12

KEGEN

Now I understand why we had to get someone to look after Ava when we had mated. I have never felt so tired in my life. It was like my energy was sucked out of me after sex.

I'll be lying if I said I didn't freak out when I looked in the mirror after my shower and saw Vixen's name on my neck until she explained to me that it was just the marking of our mating.

After my shower, I spent half the day with Ava and made sure she was okay. Once I found out she got hurt on Alice's watch, I yelled at Vixen for not telling me when she brought Ava to me, and I snapped on Alice for not keeping a better eye on her.

Now Vixen wants me to let Alice watch her again, while she takes me out on a date. I was not okay with it, but Vixen begged me to go on a date.

I'm dressed in a light pink dress with heels and my hair hanging down my back. Ava is sitting on our bed eating a snack that Vixen brought up to her.

"Are you ready yet? Alice is waiting for Ava outside the door."

"I'm ready for this date, but not for her to be around my daughter."

"I know, that's why the date won't be more than 2 hours long."

I nodded my head and picked up Ava and walked toward the door where Vixen was standing. When the door opened Alice was standing there with a fake smile on her face. Vixen might not see it, but I see right through it.

She reached for Ava and everything in me wanted to slap her hands away, but I let Ava go into her arms.

Vixen placed her hand on the lower part of my back and pushed me toward the stairs because I'm sure she knew I wasn't going to move.

I just can't shake the feeling that something is off with that damn woman.

"Where are we going?"

"One of my favorite places here in Dynasty."

I didn't ask any more questions as she opened the car door for me. As we passed everything, I looked out the window still amazed at how beautiful this place is. Things they had over here, America didn't have.

I can see myself now wanting to try almost everything around here, which will give me enough time to think about my career as a teacher again.

Even though Vixen said that I didn't need to work but working is something that I know and enjoy doing. I just need to get a handle on how they're teaching mythic goes. That's one thing I learned about different countries they all teach differently.

As she drove everything was starting to fade away until she came to a stop at the bottom of a mountain.

"Why are we stopping here?"

"The fastest way up is me."

I knew I wasn't going to be ready for this. She moves too damn fast and I'll like to keep whatever is in my stomach down.

She walked around the car and opened my door holding her hand out for me to take. I took her hand and she pulled me into her arms and lift me bridal style.

"Hold on tight."

She didn't have to tell me twice. I wrapped my arms around her and pushed my face into her neck taking in her scent. Not even a few seconds later, I felt wind all around me and I closed my eyes tight.

Even though I can feel she stopped, I didn't want to open my eyes at the fear of everything spinning and I end up throwing up.

Once I was sure everything wasn't spinning, I opened my eyes and looked around us. From the top of this mountain, you can see everything, and it looked even more beautiful.