Chapter 6

KEGEN

I didn't realize how much I was holding back until the tears finally stopped. Since my parents were killed, I didn't have the time to grief, my only concern was to get me and my daughter out of there and away fast.

Being held by Vixen calmed my body and my heart, I couldn't help but snuggle my face into her neck and take in her scent. I didn't want to let go but I know I needed to go check on my daughter.

I pulled away and wiped the tears that were left on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry for that. I didn't know how much I was holding in."

"You don't have to be sorry, I'm happy I can be here for you."

I gave her a small smile and walked out of the room and toward Ava that was sitting on the couch. I picked her up and held her close to me, taking in the scent of her baby lotion.

It's like my daughter can sense that something was wrong and snuggled into me. From that small thing, tears started to pull at my eyes again, but I tried to keep them in. I didn't want her to see me crying.

"We have this carnival that we do a few times throughout the year and today happens to be one of those days, would you and Ava like to go with me."

I never took Ava to a carnival before because I always thought that she was too young to start going, but what harm can it do to go for a few hours. I nodded my head and sat Ava back down to go freshen up.

After I was done freshening up, I packed my small purse with a few of Ava's pull-ups and changed her before allowing Vixen to lead us out of the room.

"Give me one second, I just need to make a call."

I took Ava out to the garden area while we waited for Vixen to make her call. I notice Ava liked picking the flowers here and I hoped that was okay. The last thing I need is an angry hotel manager kicking us out before I had the chance to find a place to stay.

"Okay, Emily will be here with the car soon."

I jumped when I heard Vixen speak next to me. When the hell did she get there? That's going to have to be something I got used to, she doesn't make any sound when she's walking.

"Sorry I scared you."

"That's okay, I just have to get used to it."

We sat on the bench together and watched Ava play in the garden by herself. That's one thing I loved about my daughter, she didn't care if anyone was playing with her or not, she still had a smile on her face and laughed at whatever was funny to her.

She was truly something special, and I loved that she didn't depend on anyone else to be there with her. She was already smart for a 2year old, and her old daycare center wanted me to start her in school early.

"If you don't mind me asking, but who is Ava's father?"

I never thought I'll have to tell the story of my daughter's father to anyone, but what's a mate bond when you lie to your soulmate about the smallest thing that happened in your life.

"My family comes from a long line of noble family members, and my father took after his father and became the next noble in our family.

Noble family is a strict family, and my father picked the person I'll marry before I was born. I was forced to marry his best friend's son, Jacob."

I haven't thought about Jacob since we came up with a plan to get a divorce.

"It's funny cause Jacob didn't want to be married to me and I didn't want to be married to him.