Chapter twenty-four

"Happiness is not by chance,but by choice." -T. S. Eliot

________________

Mistakes.

Mistakes are a part of life. They are an important tool in a person's life as the results can either be a life lesson- or merely an eye opener. Which is more or less the same thing.

As soon as she and Deontay got to his car,she was hoping to sit in the back but an annoyed Deontay shut the door before she could even enter.

So she helplessly made her way in the passenger seat.

Juliet loves anything that gives off an aesthetic vibe. Especially the beautiful skyscrapers along with the brightly lit streetlight that made the dark figures lurking in the night perceptible.

But she wasn't feeling her usual self. Not that she has been,for years now. Besides,she has been shut in this everlasting nightmare for as long as she could remember.

Her thoughts were spinning. She could already feel the terrible headache starting to build.

Her heart is still pounding hard against her chest as the events of what happened earlier flooded her mind.

Her child's life was in danger.

The baby was a few seconds away from being killed and its all because of the beast of a man who sat next to her.

If she wasn't pregnant,she could of fought for the steering wheel so the car could swerve off the road.

So he could lose control of the car.

Then she'll finally be at peace. Because then,she's saved. Saved from the cursed man she had married.

However,its the life thats busy growing in her belly that quickly made such a thought recede as quickly as her mind had cooked up.

"Ambra was my first love." Deontay said,surprisingly calmly.

Juliet chose to keep quiet.

She wasn't interested in knowing about Deontay's past lovers but she couldn't quite say that to him.

Physically,she wasn't drained not in the slightest,but she was definitely emotionally and mentally spent.

"At the time,I wasn't what many will call 'cold',I was actually a good man. A man that knew how to love the same way others do. You know,picnics or date nights type. She really had me wrapped around her finger,in a good way of course. I was blindly in love with that puttana. Everything,literally everything was going well. Until I found out that she lied to me. She hid the most important thing I've been needing since the day I met her. The dumb slut turned out to be infertile." He bitterly laughed. [Pussy].

The resentment he felt for her was insanely so much,she almost felt sorry for her.

How could someone despise another human being so much just because they're unable to have kids.

That's disgusting.

"I've made it perfectly clear to her that I need a son and she understood. Fuck she made me believe that she could give me a baby. I'm many things Juliet,but I liar I am not and will never be." His ragging breathe was fanning her face.

The proximity was beyond what she could withstand.

Wait? Why wasn't the car moving anymore.

Shifting her gaze from Deontay's furious eyes,she snanned the surrounding and thats when she noticed that they've made it back to the mansion.