Chapter seventeen

Fate.

It is believed that fate brings two people together. Whom should fall madly in love with each other and become merely inseparable.

But fate has wronged Juliet. Clearly, it has made one big mistake because how in the world can a beautiful, young, caring, innocent woman be paired with a cold-hearted man whore?

In addition to that, she is faced with endless torture that has her so drained, she is not just emotionally tired but she's mentally and physically exhausted.

Her hope meter has reached negative, her fear for him has reached its highest peak as his attitude gets rottener by the day.

But fate has yet played a trick on her today which nearly sent her to her grave.

Both, Juliet and Deontay looked at each other wearing the same surprised look.

"What do you mean by 'there was a mistake'?" He said in a low roar.

The tension in the air thickened, leaving Juliet's body to lightly tremble.

Too many awful events happened. This new discovery has left her stunned, unable to form a single word to say.

"The nurse who was assigned to Mrs. Rossi Juliet mistakenly took the results for Mrs. Rossi Julietta. From the management, this is the first time that this has happened, and we assure you that the nurse will be severely punished. We are so sorry for damage we have caused." The nurse explained.

That means that she didn't have a miscarriage.

Deontay, who's face showed no trace of anger seemed very composed.

That was oddly disturbing.

"And who might this nurse be?" He said through clenched teeth.

His expression suddenly ran cold. Gone was the calm and collected aura that was radiating off of him.

This caused an icy feeling to run through Juliet's veins and made her body feel cold.

"I'm not permitted to mention the nurse's -"

Even the nurse seemed to sense the volcano that had been dormant for the past few minutes, begin to slowly erupt as she took a step back. She looked like she was about to run.

Giving off any form of signal to your predator that you're about to run is never a wise decision.

Deontay in a fast motion, charged at the nurse and clutched her neck immediately cutting off her air supply. He then proceeded to roughly push her against the wall, painfully crushing her back.

Deontay can never resolve a matter without violence.

He always chooses violence.

"I've had it with this fucking hospital. Its either you tell me the name of that corpse or I'm burning down this bullshit of a damn hospital." He seethed, each word he said making him apply more pressure on the poor girl's neck.

Juliet, who was naturally scared of him was hesitant to approach him.

He needed to calm him down or else he'll definitely kill the poor soul.

"D-Deontay, she's not breathing." She in a low voice filled with fear. She trembled inwardly as he shifted his gaze to her. Her attempt to come closer to him went down the drain when she saw his expression.

The deadliest and blood thirty expression that chilled her bones.

"Please." She pleaded with tears welling her eyes and started streaming down her face.