chapter nine

___________________
                                   ☆
                    ____________________

They say that communication is a vital element in any relationship. Ever more so for a married couple. It's not a one-way route but both parties have to practice it. It avoids the occurrence of misunderstanding and mistrust at most. Drives the relationship to a place of happiness and continuous understanding.

Juliet used to communicate with her husband. Until she stopped because there was no point in doing it because he wasn't reciprocating it back.

To him commands, threats and demands is his way of communication.

He makes decisions without consulting her and expects her to be the little obedient housewife she is and not go against it.

An autocratic piece of ass is what he is.

So, as she received the life changing news from Dr. Becca she couldn't help but say: Deontay shouldn't find out.

What didn't occur to her was that she has said it out loud and that Deontay had heard her as he stood in all his glory at the door.

She was too caught up in overanalysing everything, she didn't notice Deontay enter the room.

"What shouldn't I have found out about?" He asked softly, but in very dangerous tone.

From the corner of her eye, she saw Dr. Becca stiffen and an uncomfortable hush fell upon the room.

"Well sir, it seems like your wife has what's called a stomach flu." The doctor lied.

She could easily give up her life for Dr. Becca seeing as she not only saved her ass once but twice in a row.

"And that's what you don't want me to find out about? I brought you here because I know something is up and you have the nerve to say that I shouldn't know about it? Have you completely lost your mind?" He roared. Tension seems to lock in her bones his expression was thunderous.

No, she hasn't lost her mind. It can be assured that her mental state is well intact.

If Dr. Becca doesn't make out that Deontay isn't to be fooled with and play out her cards right, then they'll both be dead.

"W-Well I don't want you to be worried and so I-

It was Juliets time to answer but she was cut off, like he always does.

Communication. Zero.

"Hope you're not going to make a habit of speaking out of your arse because liars go to hell Juliet." He spoke through clenched teeth.

Oh, he was mad.

Really mad.

"Sir, with all due respect, it's not my place to interfere but you shouldn't talk to your wife like that. About Mrs. Rossi's condition. The best way to get rid of it is to keep her immune system healthy. I've prescribed her Vitamin c supplements and she'll continue to take it until she feels better. She should stop eating solid foods for a few hours and by all means avoid drinking alcohol." The doctor interrupted firmly.

If she didn't know any better, she'll think that Deontay was violently shaking because of the freezing weather outside. But no, he was fuming because Dr. Becca made the mistake of telling him what he shouldn't do.

He despised it. It infuriated him.

"If you ever tell me what I should and shouldn't do again doctor I wouldn't think twice in gutting you and feeding you to the fucking pigs do I make myself clear?" He threatened.

He knew he got her when she started shaking.

" Y-Yes Mr. Rossi, please forgive me I didn't mean to. I-I'll take my leave now. "She says so faintly but loud enough to be heard.

Shooting Juliet, an ice-cold glare, Juliet sends her a sympathetic smile and with that, Dr. Becca stalked out of the room.

"I hope you aren't hiding anything from be bambina, because I'm not God. I don't believe in forgiveness. You will be sorry." A surge of anger rushed through her, but she managed to keep it under controlled. [Baby-girl].

What does he mean by destroy her. isn't she already destroyed?

"Let's get out of her before I waste my bullets on these pieces of shit."

                      ______________

As soon as they got the vitamins from the pharmacy, Deontay sped off to the hotel nearly missing someone's foot by less than few inches, dropped her off and told her that should lock the door and shouldn't open it for anyone until he comes back.

What a prick.

But of course, she didn't want to get hurt especially now that she's pregnant. So, she obeyed.

No matter how much she tries to deny it, she knew it was pointless and rather accept the situation as it is. The damage is already done, and she just has to live with it.

Unfortunately.

You know in movies the protagonist will say something in lines of " what could possibly go wrong" and then suddenly everything goes wrong.

That's what exactly is happening to Juliet. Everything is going wrong. Overall, her life is one big mess that she can't clean up even if she tried.

She ordered room service before getting into the luxurious bathtub that swallowed her whole. Literally.

Okay maybe everything is not going so sour. The lavish lifestyle she's living is the only positive thing in her life at the moment.

She loves lavender scented products and so it happens that the hotel provided her with just that. From the body scrub to the lotion, hell even the washcloth is purple.

Lathering the soap on her body she begins washing her feet first.

Making her way up, she rests her hand on her flat tummy. Still unable to come into terms that a life is growing inside of her.

She softly smiles. Genuinely smiles.

A couple minutes went by, and she heard a knock on the door.

It's probably room service because Deontay doesn't knock that softly.

Wrapping herself in a ridiculously soft towel, she goes and unlocks the door, and she couldn't hold back the gasp that escaped her.

"Andy?"

Oh hell no.

••••••••••••••••••••••••
Unedited!

I'll update soon ❤