Ch. 14 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT

Toni's outfit:

Chapter Fourteen 🌒 The Sword and The Spirit 🌘

Chapter Fourteen
🌒 The Sword and The Spirit 🌘

Malia met up with Toni in the locker room at school, and she looked at Toni incredulously when she sees her holding up one of the Dread Doctors' huge syringe guns. "You're kidding, right?" Malia asked and Toni sighed, "Look, I promised I'd help, and I will." Toni said and Malia raised her eyebrows and gestured towards the syringe.

"That's supposed to help me find Deaton?" She asked and Toni shook her head, "No. Something in the Dread Doctors' operating theater is going to do that. I can take you there, but I can't let you see where it is." Toni and Malia raised her eyebrows. "Ever hear of a blindfold?" Malia asked and Toni chuckled, "Not one that works on werecoyotes." She said making Malia sigh.

"What's in it?" She asked, "Wolfsbane. The same kind they used on Liam. It won't last, and there's no permanent side effects." Toni said and Malia gave her a look. "Why should I trust you?" Malia asked and Toni stared at her for a moment before shaking her head.

"You shouldn't... But the Desert Wolf could be here, and Scott's boss could already be dead." Toni said and Malia sighed before tilting her head to the side slightly making Toni chuckle. "I'm not actually gonna use it on you." Toni said making Malia look at her shocked, "Then why did you bring it?" She asked.

"I needed Theo to believe that I would. He'll meet up with you at the animal clinic after we're done. But before you meet up with him, you're gonna do me a favor." Toni said making Malia squint at her while Toni just smirked, "And that favor requires you knowing where the Dread Doctors' operating theater is."

🌒

Malia followed Toni into the Dread Doctors' operating theater, glancing around as Toni walked over to a table. "I need to retrain you." Toni said making Malia look at her, "Are you kidding me?" She asked incredulously.

"I said I'd help you find the Desert Wolf. I didn't say it was gonna be easy. The restraints will keep you from hurting yourself... Or me." Toni said making Malia sight before laying down in the table, letting Toni strap her in.

Once Toni finished restraining Malia she grabbed an antique-looking pair of goggles, which are in the style of the rest of the Dread Doctors' equipment. They look perfectly innocuous until Toni flicked a switch on the side making a row of spikes around the inside of each goggle to pop out.

"Oh, come on!" Malia said dramatically making Toni chuckle and nod, "These are what the Dread Doctors uses to keep track of the Chimeras. It seeks out and hones in on a certain frequency. They gave the Chimeras their own unique vibration."

"So, how is that going to help me find Deaton?" Malia asked and Toni shook her head slightly, "It won't. It's going to help you find a werecoyote." Toni said making realization cross over Malia's features slightly. "My mother." She said and Toni nodded, "Because supernatural creatures also have their own frequency." Toni said and Malia raised her eyebrows.