Ch. 16 - LIE ABILITY

Toni's outfit:

Chapter Sixteen 🌒 Lie Ability 🌘

Chapter Sixteen
🌒 Lie Ability 🌘

Toni held the jar of talons, staring at it with a thoughtful expression as Hayden stood next to her. "Starting to question where your loyalties lie? Or, maybe... you're starting to understand your role?" Deucalion said making them look at him and Toni set down the jar..

"What role?" Hayden asked, "Why would Theo leave you here? Why not leave Josh, or Corey? Why you and his twin sister?" Deucalion asked making Hayden frown in confusion as Toni stared off into the distance with an unreadable expression.

"Hayden stronger and faster than both and more fearless. And Toni is the most powerful out of all of you." Deucalion said making Hayden glance at Toni before sighing. "I know why I'm stuck here with you. Because when it comes to Liam... I'm a liability." Hayden said and Deucalion shrugged slightly.

"You could leave. No one has to know." Deucalion said and Hayden raised her eyebrows, "Except for you. I know Toni wouldn't tell anyone, but what about you?" Hayden asked. "Oh, I'm no friend to Theo. You want to help Liam? Worry less about being a liability, and more about your ability to lie." Deucalion said and Hayden glanced at Toni who was being really quiet as she started at the jar of talons with an unreadable expression.

Hayden pulled her phone out and checks her notifications that read: "11 missed messages." From Mason. Hayden sighed softly and put her phone back into her pocket before she started pacing again. "Five texts in two minutes? Someone's trying to get your attention." Deucalion said making Hayden roll her eyes, "Maybe you should go. I'm obviously not going anywhere..." He said.

"Could you please shut the hell up?" Hayden asked in annoyance making Deucalion smile, "I have a feeling you and I are going to be friends, Hayden. I think we're going to discover a lot of common ground beneath our feet." Deucalion said making Toni look at him for a moment as Hayden's phone buzzed again.

"Go." Toni said making Hayden look at her, "I can deal with him on my own, you go help your friends. Theo won't know a thing." Toni said and Hayden stared at her for a moment before nodding and running out. Toni slowly spun the jar around on the table as Deucalion looked over in her direction.

"Hayden told me why she was left here, but you didn't. Why would the twin sister of Theo, who had magic, be left to babysit me?" He asked and Toni sighed before chuckling sarcastically, "Because while I might be more powerful, I'm weak minded compared to Theo. That makes me a liability." Toni said and Deucalion scoffed lightly.

"I've seen weak minded, you are not what I'd call weak minded." Deucalion said and Toni didn't say anything, just took a deep breath as she stared off into the distance. "Tell me, Toni. What is your story?" He said and she scoffed and cocked an eyebrow, "What makes you think I would tell you? Whose to say you wont learn my weakness and use them against?" Toni asked and Deucalion shrugged slightly.