C H A P T E R E I G H T

DOROTHEA was sat on her sofa, waiting for Lando to pick her up to take her to Silverstone

DOROTHEA was sat on her sofa, waiting for Lando to pick her up to take her to Silverstone. She was mindlessly scrolling through instagram, when a suggested post popped up. Her mouth was hung open when she realised what it was.

lando4_mclaren

liked by jarvlando, carlando554 and 73 others

lando4_mclaren this is the girl that lando was spotted with at austria : dorothea james!

we don't know much about her apart from her name, the fact she is friends with lando, max fewtrell, carlos sainz and nia cate, and that she is a photographer for WTF1 .

view 58 comments

@ user omg she's so pretty!

@ user e we sure she's FRIENDS with lando? 'cause honey if she's anything else WERE GONNA HAVE A PROBLEM

~ @ user - @ user FR BAHAHHA

@ user lando is sm more attractive-

@ user yeah.... no thanks 🥰

@ user lando can i date her? instead? please?

@ user shes stunning wow-

@ user and ya'll wonder why drivers wags stay private 😃

~ @ user - @ user yeah this is like really creepy-

~ @ user - @ user A LITTLE? girl it's borderline stalker

@ user omg this poor girl-

Dorothea turned her phone off running a hand down her face. She knew that social media would go bezerk  when the photos of her and Lando at Austria were posted, but she didn't think that they would go this wild.

She pushed the post out of her mind however when she heard the engine of a car pull up outside her house. She heard the beep of a horn and then the shutting of a car door.

She grabbed the handle of her suitcase and her camera bag and walked towards the door. She closed and locked it before she turned around to see Lando leaning against the door of his car, grinning at her broadly.

Thea let go of her handles and rushed towards him. He pushed himself off the car and wrapped his arms around her waist, as she threw her's around his neck.

"Hey love." Lando said, as he hurried his face in her hair. Thea blushed into his shirt, thankful he could not see her face.

"Hey." Thea said. She felt Lando place a small kiss to the top of her head, as he pulled away from the hug to go and get her bags. Thea went behind the car and opened the boot, making some room for them to fit her stuff in.

Lando picked up her bags and stumbled backwards slightly. "Jeeze Thea what the hell have you got in here?"

Thea snickered slightly. "It's all my work stuff. It's not that heavy. Come on you work out every other day for your training but you can't lift a bit of camera equipment?" she teased him.

Lando gave her a sarcastic smile before he walked over to the boot. He lifted the bags into the car, and Thea could see his arms flexing as he he lifted the suitcase from the ground. She found her self staring a little too long, and Lando noticed.

He coughed slightly and Thea looked up at him, his smug smirk. She cleared her throat and went to walk away, but Lando grabbed her wrist and spun her back around. "Caught you looking." he teased.

Thea gave Lando a sarcastic smile, much like the one he had given her moments before. "Sorry to burst that bubble of ego you've got swelling in your head but I wasn't looking."

"Mhm. Really?" Thea felt Lando's hand slide from her wrist to her own hand. "Why are you all red then?"

All that seemed to be running through Thea's mind at that moment was Taylor Swift singing Red. "Not right now Thea please." she thought to herself. "I'm just embarrassed 'cause you're being a little shit." she replied cooly.

Lando raised his eyebrows at her in mock understanding. "Oh is that true?" he said. He pulled her closer to him by her hand, and snaked his own around her waist.

Her breath hitched in her throat as Lando let go of her hand and brought his up to her face. He placed his hand on the side of her face and began to rub his thumb gently back and forth across her cheek, which was now bright red with blush. "You just seem...flustered. Y'know this isn't the first time you've been red around me." he teased her.

His eyes moved from her cheek to her eyes, and both of them stopped the teasing. Lando was stunned at how pretty Thea looked at that moment in time. It was odd, he always knew Thea was one of, if not the most beautiful girl he knew, but she looked, different.

Thea was shocked at how many freckles were really on Lando's face. His eyes were so bright, contrasting against his tanned skin he picked up from tears of travelling.

She snapped herself out of her trance, looking down at the floor, stepping back from him. Lando blinked a few times, stepping back too. Thea looked back up at him, smiling, trying to cut the tension between them. "Ready? Oh and if you go any slower than 80 miles an hour I will be disappointed in you Mr. Podium sitter."

"Shut up and get in the car?" Lando said, gesturing to the passenger seat, a small smile on his face.

Thea chuckled as she hurried over to the passenger side of the car, and got inside. Lando took a dead breath before he got in the car too, revving the engine, before setting off to Silverstone.

————

poor babies not knowing what it is

YOURE IN LOVE

*bashes head against the wall*