C H A P T E R T H R E E

"SHUT up!" Thea said in disbelief

"I'm being serious. Carlos missed the T. It was wild. I wish I videoed it." Lando said, as he watched Thea cover her face from all the laughter.

They were sat in a pub, one on the more sophisticated side, and Lando had spent the evening making Thea cackle with laughter with stories about Carlos or himself.

He kept watching her laugh, her lips turned up in delight and her eyes sparks lung with glee. Thea wasn't a very public person, but when you got through her tough shell, the girl underneath was spectacular.

Thea calmed down from her laugh and took a deep breath. She looked at Lando and gave him a thankful smile. "Thank you for this." she said.

Lando returned the smile. "You're welcome. You deserve it. All you're hard work goes unnoticed, and we'll I just thought you'd like a bit of recognition."

Thea smiled and covered her face. "Stop it you're making me blush." she said sarcastically.

Lando pushed a hand through his hair, mimicking her tone. "I always knew I had that effect on you." he teased.

Thea rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up."

Their waiter came over and cleared their empty plates, asking whether they would be paying together or separately.

"Together."

"Separate."

Thea and Lando looked at eachother. Dorothea frowned. "Separate." she pressed.

Lando shook his head. "Together. It's youre birthday I won't have you paying."

"My birthday is Sunday, and I'll pay my half it's fi-"

"Nope." Before Thea could cut in any more he turned to the waiter, "Together, please." The waiter nodded and walked away to get the bill, and Lando smiled smugly at Thea. "You were never paying."

Thea rolled her eyes. "Asshole." she muttered under her breath, although she secretly smiled at Lando's gentlemen act.

Even though Lando was usually the class clown, he did have a serious side, and a soft spot for Thea. He was able to joke about, but also be polite and genuine when with her, and that was what she liked about him.

Fame hadn't gotten to his head, he wasn't stuck up, or acted differently because he was a celebrity ; he was just Lando.

The waiter returned and Lando payed for their food, and the pair left the pub together. They were walking through the car park towards Lando's McLaren when Thea turned to him. "Let's take a drive."

Lando turned to her. "What?" he asked confused.

Thea started at him in disbelief. "Oh come on. Don't you, big city race car drivers ever just, take a drive?"