C H A P T E R S E V E N

"DUDE you're coming to Silverstone right?" Lando asked his best friend

Max nodded. "Yeah mate don't worry. Nia and I are taking the train up on Friday. We might miss FP1 but we'll try and get there." he said as he sipped his beer.

Lando raised his eyes at Max. "You and Nia huh?" he asked, giving his friend a teasing smile, raising his eyebrows up and down.

Max put his beer down and mimicked Lando's expression mockingly. "You and Thea huh?"

Lando's expression is tangly fell. "That's not funny." he said, as Max stood up to go out his empty beer bottle away.

"Yeah and neither is me and Nia." Max retorted, flicking the side of Lando's head as they walked passed each other.

Lando narrowed his eyes at the back of the Fewtrell boy as he walked away. "Yeah you didn't deny it!"

"Neither did you!"

Lando's unimpressed expression was paired with a small huff. "Yeah well this is me denying it. You still haven't."

Max walked back into the room with a new bottle and slumped back onto the sofa again. He gestured the neck of the bottle towards Lando. "Don't test me Norris. Anyway, you were asking about Silverstone?"

Lando noticed how Max averted the subject, but didn't press on. "Well, I just just thinking, I know Thea hasn't seen Nia properly for a good few weeks, she hasn't seen you in a while, hasn't seen Carlos or George or Alex, just thought we could do something for her birthday last week. A surprise for her."

Max smiled at his friend. "You're so thoughtful. Must be love." he teased.

"Shut up I'm serious." Lando said, giving a small laugh at Max's childish behaviour. "I think she'd like it."

Max nodded. "No on a serious note, that's a great idea. I'll tell Nia about it later." he said, taking a sip out of the bottle he was still holding.

When he spotted Lando's teasing expression again he pointed a warning finger at him. "We're going to a Renault thing. They invited me even though I'm not raving this year. Nia got invited to you know considering she racing with a Renault engine."

Lando's expression hadn't faded at Max's explanation. Max narrowed his eyes at his friend. "Well aren't you seeing Thea later?"

Lando shrugged. "Yeah so what?"

Max stared wide eyed at his friend. "You are impossible." he said before throwing his head back.

Lando snickered at his friends reaction, before his phone buzzed. He picked it up and looked at the message on the screen.

He frowned at the small part of the message, and unlocked his phone to find the rest of Thea's words

hey, my train to silverstone was cancelled just now, something about fixing the line... idk i didn't read the whole thing. i was just wondering cause you love me and everything can you give me a lift in? pls? X

aww you've got a cancelled train poor babe 🥺

LANDO IM BEING SERIOUS I HAVE
NO WAY TO GET TO SILVERSTONE

BAHAHHA

NORRIS ISTG

ight fine i'll pick you up ig 🙄

i-
yknow what maybe i'll just not
come to silverstone then

nah you'd miss my abs too much

hm 🙂🖕

ooh there was no denial
i see you thea 👀
i mean i don't blame you i am incredibly dashing

i will actually not come to
silverstone if you don't shut up

okay alright fine
i'll pick you up.

aww thanks! ily 😘

you're such an ass 😍

hate you 🤩

"Quite smiling like a kid in a candy shop." Max said.

Lando looked up from his phone to find Max looking at him with a knowing look. Max had been watching him text Thea for the past couple of minutes, and a smirk had appeared on his face.

Lando was staring at his friend wide eyed. "What?"

"Stop smiling like an idiot because Thea messaged you. It's gonna' give people the wrong impression since you denied anything earlier."

"I will throw this pillow at you."

"You're not denying it." Max said in a sing song voice  as he walked towards the bathroom.

"Yes I am!"

"Say the words then Lando!"

"What words?"

"That you have no feelings for Thea."

"Say you don't have feelings for Nia."

"You're avoiding the subject!"

"So are you!"

————

hey kids

how tall doing?