C H A P T E R N I N E

"OKAY get off the copier Lando

"OKAY get off the copier Lando."

Lando jumped down off the photocopier and jumped onto the table next to it instead. Carlos walked over the the copier and turned it on.

The two were copying photos of Thea, so they could stick them around the hotel room later on when they all got together to celebrate her late birthday.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Lando said as he picked at his fingernails.

Carlos looked up from the copier and smiled. "Lando, she'll love it. I know. She loves everything you do."

"I know but, y'know how she feels about her birthday and I just wanted her to actually enjoy herself for once with us all 'cause she never gets to do that." Lando said, all very quickly.

"Mate, you need to relax" Carlos said, as he copied another photo from the pile. "She. Will. Love. It." he said firmly.

Lando sighed. "I hope so."

Carlos sighed. "Besides, you took her out on her real birthday and she loved that didn't she?"

"Yeah she did." Lando said, smiling fondly at the memory. Carlos looked up from the copier to see Lando's small grin and smiled to himself knowingly.

Ever since he had met Dorothea two years ago, he knew that Lando would fall for her. It was inevitable, and he knew it.

"Hey, did I show you what I got her? I was gonna' give it to her in Austria, but I kinda...forgot to pack it." he said the last part of his sentence in one breath, so that Carlos couldn't shout at him.

Like he had predicted, Carlos looked at him with a disapproving expression, hand placed on his hip. Lando hastily whipped out his phone and unlocked it, heading to his camera roll to find a picture of the present he had gotten Thea.

"So we were shopping the other month for Nia's birthday and we walked passed this jewellery shop. She saw this bracelet that looked exactly like the one her Grandmother used to own. The next day I, went back and got it for her."

He turned around his phone and showed Carlos the photo. It was a dainty gold bracket, with small balls of gold around the thin chain. On the top of each, there was a tiny blue sapphire embedded in the gold.

Carlos stared at the photo, jaw slack. "Mate, I mean- wow."

"Do you think she'll like it?" Lando asked anxiously.

"I don't think, I know." Carlos assured him, giving him a pat on the shoulder. "The things you do for that girl." he said. letting out a breath.

Lando frowned slightly. "What do you mean?" he asked.

Carlos shrugged as he went back to the copier. "The fancy meals, the gifts, the favours you do for her-"

"She does stuff for me as well-"

"I know. That's not what I meant." Carlos corrected. "It just gives the sort of impression that-"

"Carlos." Lando said warningly, knowing what his Spanish friend was thinking. A few of his friends, Carlos, Max, Alex and George, and Nia all thought the same thing : Lando liked Thea... in that way.

Which he didn't...

"Alright, I'll leave it." Carlos said, holding a hand up in surrender.

Lando looked back at his phone and the photo of the bracelet and brought his bottom lip between his teeth. He desperately wanted her to like it, and he hoped that it would. "But will she? Will it be too much?" he thought to himself.

He shook himself out of his anxious thoughts when Carlos called his name. "Lando, have you seen this?"

Lando looked up, "What is it?"

Carlos showed Lando his phone.

LANDO NORRIS : Red Bull contract in the works?

"Is this real or just silly season rumours?"

Lando shook his head, "No, silly season rumours. How did they even get to that conclusion?" he wondered aloud.

Carlos shrugged. "People will think of anything these days."

Lando frowned. "Yeah true."

He pushed the article out of his mind, knowing it was all just fake news. It would amount to nothing, his head and heart was with McLaren, and he didn't have any plans on leaving.

He rubbed his eyes with his hand and sighed. "Why is life so stressful?" he thought.

————

CARLANDOOOOOO

small chapter for you lot, sorry <3