C H A P T E R T W E L V E

NIA was, in fact, pregnant

Thea was currently holding her hair up out of her friends face, whilst Nia's head was situated inside the toilet bowl, throwing up.

Thea rubbed Nia's back as she sat back up straight, leaning against the wall of the bathroom, placing the back of her hand to her forehead. Thea leant back against the door of the shower and sighed. "Are you okay?"

Nia sighed too. "I don't know."

"Do you-" Thea stopped herself, wondering if it was the best question to ask at that moment in time, but Nia knew what she was thinking. Years and years of reading each other meant they knew exactly what the other was thinking 99 percent of the time.

"I know who it is." she answered Thea's unasked question. "I know."

Thea's eyes widened slightly. "Is it something you want to keep-"

"No." Nia said instantly. "No, I think I need to tel you. I want to, because I don't know what to do." she said, letting out a small sniff.

Thea nodded silently, letting Nia know she could tell her. Nia took a deep breath before she let out a secret she'd wanted to tel someone for a long time.

"It's Max."

If Thea had a drink she would have spat it out. She choked on her breath slightly. "As in Lando's Max?" she questioned, not knowing if she had heard her best friend right.

Nia simply nodded.

Thea's jaw became slack as she gaped at the Cate girl. "I mean- when did- what?"

"We started seeing each other December last year. We've been private for the duration. After your birthday party, we went back to Max's and well-"

Thea immediately waved her hands about. "I don't want to hear details, that can stay private." she said, shaking the thought of her two best friends out of her mind.

Nia let out a small chuckle, before she looked down at her stomach, where there was now a massive problem.

Thea started at her friend, the cogs in her mind working frantically. "What are you going to do? About the baby I mean." she asked tentatively.

"Well I don't want to get rid of it-" Nia began, but Thea interrupted her.

"Nia you might be able to." she said, her eyebrows pulling together.

Nia's head lifted up to her best friend, concern now spread across her face. "W-what do you mean?"

Thea let out a sympathetic sigh. "Nini the moment someone like Helmut Marko, or even someone like Michael Massi find out you're pregnant, they aren't going to let you set foot near a car." she said quietly.

Nia shook her head, "No not until I can't fit in the cockpit?"

Thea shook her head back, "Not at all. The risk of you getting in a car, even if you were a day into the pregnancy, which, by the looks of it you're not-" she said, taking a hold of Nia's hand. "They won't let you race Nia."

Thea felt her friend squeezed her hand, as she brought her other up to her stomach, placing it there gently. Her voice cracked slightly. "What do I do Thea?" she said, in such a small whisper Thea barely heard it.

Thea took a few seconds before she answered. "I think you need to talk to Max. At the end of the day, it's mainly your decision. It's you're body, you're career, but I think he deserves to know."

Nia's head nodded slightly. "No you're right. Of course you're right, you're right all the time."
she laughed off.

Thea let out a small chuckle before she squeezed Nia's hand again. "You're gonna' be okay. Okay?"

Nia let out a small smile at her best friend. "Remember when we both thought you'd be the first to get married and have kids. Who was it in year 7? The boy you liked...Tommy Hunt?"

Thea cringed at the mention of her first childhood crush, and gave Nia's leg a small whack. "Oh shush." she said, laughing slightly.

The pair laughed slightly for a while before they both settled and Nia pulled her friend into a large hug. "I love you." Nia said, as Thea rubbed her friends back comfortingly.

"I love you too Nini."

They pulled apart and smiled at each other for a few seconds, before Nia's brows furrowed again. "I'm gonna be sick."

"Okay." Thea instantly grabbed a hold of Nia's hair, gently pulling it back as Nia dipped her head back into the toilet, internally cursing morning sickness all the way to hell.

————

BESTIE DUO JATE
(dorothea James and nia cATE

get it)

ALSO THE FATHER :
MAX MF FEWTRELL

WHOOP WHOOP