C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

NIA had come over, Max having called her over after Thea had a slight panic about the interview

NIA had come over, Max having called her over after Thea had a slight panic about the interview. Nia had hurried over, sat Thea down, and attempted to call her down slightly.

Max explained the situation to her, and she sighed. "Why don't call up Ferrari? Ask if they can move the date?"

Thea stared at her friend in disbelief, "You want me to call up Ferrari and ask them to change my interview date?" she asked, wondering if Nia was crazy.

"Alright it does sound a bit insane, but you don't have to move plane or hotel dates. You're flying out on the 11th right?" Nia asked.

Thea nodded, and started biting the inside of her lip, and picking at her cuticles again. "Yeah."

"Okay, so why don't you ask if you can have the interview on the 12th, and fly back later in the day? You might be a bit jet lagged but, you'll make it." Nia offered.

Thea thought it over, and nodded. "I gotta' try I guess."

She picked up her phone and dialled the number that had called her before. Nia and Max sat in silence as they heard the muffled sounds of the phone ringing.

"Ciao Scuderia Ferrari." It was Cecelia again.

"Hi, yes it's Dorothea James calling, you phoned me not too long ago."

"Ah yes! Is there anything I can help you with Signorina?" Cecelia asked.

Thea looked over at Nia, who nodded. She took a deep breath, "Yeah, I was wondering if, if I could change the date of my interview? I was wondering if I could come in a day earlier if possible."

Her leg began to shake, and Nia placed her hand on her best friend's knee, stopping her rapid movements.

Cecelia was tapping her keyboard on the other line, and Thea bit her lip as she waited for a response. After a while, Cecelia's strong Italian accent sounded. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Binotto is fully booked up until February now, the 13th is the only available spot he had. And we would really need you to start in the January of the new year."

"Okay. That's fine. Thank you for checking. Sorry if I bothered you." Thea said, in a defeated tone.

"Sorry I couldn't help more. If you need anything else just give us a ring and I'll see what I can do."

Thea gave her a small 'Thank you' before she hung up, placing the phone back down. She looked up at Max and Nia, who were looking at her with expectant faces. Thea shook her head defeated.

The couple let out identical sympathetic smiles, and Nia moved over to Thea, wrapping her arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a small hug. "It was worth a try honey."

Max looked at Thea, who was hiding into his girlfriend's side. "DJ, maybe you should tell Lando now. He might appreciate you telling him upfront." he suggested.