C H A P T E R T W O

"SO do you know where Lando's taking you tonight?" Nia asked, as watched her friend pick an eyeshadow palette to use

"I never know where he's taking me Nini." Thea chuckled.

Whenever Thea or Nia got ready to go out, they would face time the other whilst they got ready. It was a tradition they had picked up when Nia went on dates during High School, as she would always get Thea's opinion on outfits or makeup. Thea began to do the same when Lando took her out for her birthday every year, not every really having dates with anyone.

Nia was currently sat a small hotel room in Milton Keynes. She was going into the RedBull Factory the next day for a meeting with Christian Horner and Helmet Marko. She had assumed it was about her DTM Drive, and was anxious. But, face timing Thea took her mind off the pressure.

Thea was slowly adding eyeshadow to her ember eyelids, making sure it was blended properly. She leant back from the mirror when she was finished, and when she was satisfied with her work, placed the palette down. "It's a pain sometimes. I never know what the dress code will be until I get there."

Nia snickered at her friend before laughing properly. "I know where he's taking you." she admitted.

Thea dropped her makeup brush. "Nia." she said, her voice unimpressed. "What?"

"He told me yesterday." Nia said between giggles. "He wanted to make sure you'd like it. He said, and I quote, "It's gotta' be perfect." It was kinda' cute actually."

Thea whined. "Oh Nia please tell me where I'm going." She urged, ignoring Nia's comment about Lando.

Nia shook her head. "Sorry babe. I've been sworn to secrecy from the man himself." she said, raising her hands in surrender.

"Nini! Come on. I'm you're best friend!" Thea tried to bribe Nia with puppy dog eyes, but her friend was stubborn as a rock.

"Nice try James. Not. Happening." she said finally.

Dorothea rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Fine. Can you at least give me a rough dress code? I don't want to turn up to a really fancy restaurant in jeans and a t-shirt, or vice versa."

Nia sighed. "Wear something fancy, but not too fancy. Something that looks really posh, but that you can be comfortable in." She advised.

Thea let out breath. "Good thing I pack for England." she joked. She continued to finish up her face, before turning to Nia. "Yeah? No?"

She hasn't added a lot of makeup, just enough to accent her features, and compliment her face. Her eyeshadow wasn't blind or bright, but just enough. Her lips we're only slightly darker than their natural colour, and the bags under her eyes were no longer visible.

Nia nodded. "Yeah you look hot. He'll love it."

Thea frowned. "Thanks?" she chuckled. She stood up and walked towards her suitcase which she still hadn't unpacked. She pulled out several shirts and pairs of jeans she had packed for the weekend, before she found three dresses she had packed. She knew Lando well enough to know he would take her out on her birthday, so she packed a few things just in case.