C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

THEA was currently calming Max down from one of his "I'm gonna' be a father" mental breakdowns

He had originally come over to discuss Lando's birthday arriving up in the coming months, when Thea had made a comment about him being very organised, something good for a parent.

Max laugh, nodded, then his face went pale.

Thea was now crouched down beside his, rubbing his back slightly as he rocked back and forth. "Oh, I'm gonna' have a child. Like an actual child."

He suddenly sat up, staring at Thea, panic in his eyes. He shook his head at her. "I can't do it."

Thea shook her own head, "Yes you can. You can, you've parented Lando for years. He's much worse than a kid."

Max dan a hand down his face. "But I could give Lando back to you. I can't give this kid back 'cause she's mine."

Thea raised an eyebrow, smiling slightly. "She?" she questioned, "You know the gender?"

Max shook his head. "No, I want a daughter, Nini wants a son though." he said.

Thea saw this as an opportunity to divert from Max's panic. "You want a girl?"

Max nodded, his breathing started to become more even. "Yeah. I mean, I had brothers as a kid, but I never had a sister, not until I met you. And I think I'd like to have just another girl in my life, and one I can take care of."

"You think of me as a sister?" Thea said, smiling widely.

Max looked at her with a "duh" look on his face. "We're calling you 'Aunt Thea'." he reminded her.

"Awe Max!" she said, before pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah, don't get sappy on me DJ." he joked, as she pulled away.

Thea gave him an honest smile. "You're gonna' be a great father. That baby is going to have two amazing parents, who them them unconditionally. You and Nia both are gonna' do amazing okay?"

Max sighed, but nodded. "Thank you DJ."

Thea patted his back and stood up, Max doing the same. He sighed paused for a second, before going back to his original plan, helping Thea organise Lando's birthday.

"We're gonna' be at Brazil for his birthday, it's on the Saturday, so he'll have Quali the day of. I'm thinking we stay for a couple of days after the race?" he suggested.

Thea walked over to her sofa and sat down. "Yeah I think that's a good idea." she pulled her knees up to her chest, and placed her chin on top of them. "What we're you thinking of doing? Dinner? Party?"

Max took out his phone, unlocking it and scrolled, trying to find something. "I found this really cool place in São Paulo, looks right up Lando's street."