C H A P T E R E L E V E N

THEA was absentmindedly scrolling through her phone, as she listened to the drone of New Girl playing on her TV in the background

After her little surprise party, curtesy of Lando, Carlos had headed home with Charles and Pierre, Max V and Danny headed off, George left for a meeting and Nia went with Max.

Lando had stayed the night, much to Max's delight, as he teased the Norris man whilst being pulled out of the door by Nia.

Lando however ignored Max's teasing comments. He had stayed with Thea overnight before, and he couldn't imagine why now all of a sudden, they all thought that he would do something dick-ish.

He wasn't a dick, he liked to make that clear.

However, after an appreciation call from Danny, Lando had shot off to a meeting with Daniel, Zak and Andreas. Thea had been left alone for a while, passing the time with catching up on some editing for WTF1 and playing around with some of the new equipment Nia had brought her.

Now, she was taking a break, scrolling through various parts of social media. Something caught her eyes however, as he beat friend's name flashed up on the screen.

LANDO NORRIS : Red Bull contract in the works?

Lando Norris, 21 is currently a Formula One Driver for McLaren Mercedes along side Daniel Ricciardo, 32.

Norris, an incredible young talent, had already shown what he is capable of in Formula One, with various podiums and good Qualifying result.

But is McLaren the best place for him?

Norris began his relationship with McLaren, along with his F1 career in 2018, when he was announced to join Carlos Sainz for the 2019 season. Three years later, he is a Formula One podium sitter, and has been described by the likes of Lewis Hamilton (seven time world champion) as a "great driver, and great guy."

Lando's personality as well as his consistent skills have made him a well known name in the paddock, especially by some of the most powerful teams.

McLaren's last win was in 2009, with Jenson Button at InterLago in Brazil during the 2012 F1 season. Since then, McLaren have never been in the championship challenge, rather fighting for places in the mid field.

Norris' place at McLaren has been frequently question, many wondering whether McLaren are good enough for him.

Norris' championship wins during his junior career can not be disregarded. His constant superiority of track has caught the eyes of many people during the past, and present. And he might have just caught one more...

Helmut Marko, advisor to the current Red Bull Honda Formula One team, and head of Red Bull's driver development program has recently spoke very highly of the young Brit, stating that "Norris is an exceptionally talent young man, and should really be fighting for more than he is now."

Red Bull are currently fighting Mercedes for the Constructors and Driver's championship, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen battling it out for the ultimate title, and Valterri Bottas (rumoured to be replaced by Williams-Mercedes driver, George Russell, see article here ) and Sergio Perez helping out their team by scoring more points.

With Red Bull's eyes on Norris, perhaps McLaren might change their opinions their 2022 driver line up. Sergio Perez, Red Bull's second driver, has made it clear he doesn't plan on handing his car over to anyone yet, but his recent performance might persuade Red Bull otherwise.

Thea rolled her eyes at the article. Checo had been performing just fine, and she knew Lando had no plans on moving from McLaren any time soon.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and Thea placed her phone on the arm of the sofa, and walked over to answer it.

Once the door had opened, Thea was met with the sight of a crying Nia, black mascara falling down her cheeks, like watercolours on a page.

"Nia." Thea breathed. "Nini what happened?"

Nia sniffled slightly, clearing her throat, "Can I come in?" she replied, her voice cracking.

"Yeah honey of course." Thea said, placing an arm around her friend's shoulder, ushering her to the sofa. She went back and shut the door, before returning to Nia's side, rubbing her arm comfortingly.

"Honey what's wrong?" Thea asked quietly.

Nia took a shaker breathe before she started talking. "Well there's two things I need to tell you. The first is I got a Formula Three seat with Red Bull sponsoring me. That's why I was at Milton Keynes the other day." she revealed the good news, in a devastating way.

"Nia that's great! Why are you crying?" Thea asked her friend, unable to figure out what was so terribly wrong. It was worrying her now, Nia had always been the strongest emotionally between the pair, Thea had never seen her in such a state.

"Wel uh- I dotn know if I can race." Nia said sadly, still tears pouring. She placed a hand into her bag and took out two boxes.

Clear Blue

First Response

Thea gaped open mouthed at her best friend, her eyes flickering from the two boxes, to Nia, and back again.

Nia sniffed. "I need to take a pregnancy test."

Thea's jaw was held slack. "Holy shit."

————

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

SUPRISE SHAWTY

now i know the whole rule with pregnancy here is like- forbidden BUT ITS NOT DOROTHEA ITS NIA SO IM HOPING IT CAN BE AN EXCEPTION?