C H A P T E R F I V E

"HEY Nana!" Thea said through her phone as she spoke me to her Grandmother on the phone

"Dorothea darling! Happy Birthday! You're so grown up my dear. Oh it's so nice to hear from you." her Nana's voice called through the phone. "How is Austria?"

"Thanks for the birthday wish wish Nana. Oh it's amazing Nana. The scenery is just breathtaking. I've taken some photo's that I'll show you when I get back."

Thea and her Grandmother had weekly meetings. Jean Harper lived in a nursing home in Oxford, near where Thea lived. Dorothea was extremely close to her Grandmother, and would visit Jean once every week, sometimes even more, and the two would have a catch up and chat.

If Thea was ever away for work, she would regularly phone her Nana so that they managed to keep in contact, even countries apart. A couple of years again, Nana Jean could sometimes go with Thea to the races, but as the years went on, her age began to tie her to Oxford.

"Oh that's wonderful! I do miss coming to your races."

Thea chuckled. "Nana their not my races, they're Lando's." she corrected.

"And how is that boy? I haven't seen him in a long time. He doing well?"

As if on que, Lando walked into the room waving at Thea. Thea pointed at the phone and mouthed towards him "it's Nana." . His face lightened up into a grin and he shuffled towards Thea. "Yeah, he's good Nana. He wants to say hi." Thea said.

She passed Lando the phone and he held it up to his ear. "Nana Jean!" he exclaimed. Thea headed Nana reply. Lando nodded. "Yes. Yes don't worry, I've got it. Oh yeah definitely! Okay. I'm going to hand you back to Thea now. Yes! Of course! Bye Nana Jean!"

Thea chuckled at him before he threw the phone back to her. She lifted it back up to her ear. "Listen Nana I've got to go, but I'll call you after the race? I assume you'll be watching?"

"Oh yes dear, Margret stole the TV for us both this afternoon, Grant's golf has ben postponed." Nana Jean said craftily through the phone. Her granddaughter let out a loud laugh at her grandmothers antics. "Tell Lando to win that race dear."

"Will do Nana. I love you, and I'll see you when I get back." Thea promised.

"Have fun dear!"

Thea ended the call and turned to Lando who had his race suit half done up his waist, and his McLaren polo over his top half. "Hey you." he said as she placed her phone on the table beside her.

Thea smiled at him. "Y'know, sometimes I think Nana likes you more than me." she teased.

Lando shook his head. "Not possible. Even my mother loves you more than she does me."

Thea held back a laugh. Before she stood up, and walking towards the cabinet on the wall opposite where Lando was standing, grabbing his racing boots and gloves to bring to him.