C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

"I just can't believe Nia's pregnant

"I just can't believe Nia's pregnant." Lando sighed.

Thea, who had her head resting in his lap, but her lip slightly, masking the fact that she had been told weeks before anyone. She only hummed in agreement, making Lando, who had been focused on the TV show he was watching look down at her. "Thea." he said, his tone making it clear he knew something was up.

"Hm."

"Did you know?" he asked, his mouth flickering up into a slight smirk."

"Hm." she hummed, with a shake of her head.

"Thea."

"Nope."

Lando shook his head slightly, a small smile creeping up on his face. He shifted slightly, and brought his hand up to her waist, tickling her slightly. A small laugh escaped her mouth and she attempted to move out of Lando's grasp.

He continued to tickle her, and she jumped up off the sofa, grabbing his hand. Her attempt to escape him failed however, when Lando twisted his hand, ending up holding it, and pulled her other hand up, holding both with one hand. He began to tickle her side again, "Come on, don't lie to me you knew didn't you?" he teased her.

"Alright, alright I knew!" Thea said between laughs. Lando stopped tickling her, satisfied with her answer. Thea sighed and smiled at him. "She told me a couple of weeks ago." she explained.

"I gathered. There was something off about you both all week." he recounted.

There was silence for a few moments before Thea gestured her head towards her hands, still trapped in Lando's. "Do you think I could have my hand back now?"

"No."

Thea's expression dropped. "Seriously?" she muttered. Lando just smiled at her innocently. Thea rolled her eyes, but shrugged. She sat back on his lap, leaning her head against the back of the sofa.

Lando gave her a glare. "Child." he retorted. He let go of her hands, and placed his above his head. Through the creases in his shirt, Thea could see the muscles in his arms, and found herself staring a bit too long.

Lando, noticed. "Thea love, you're staring."

Thea cleared her throat, "Shut up." she said, hitting the side of his leg as she stood up off the sofa to walk towards the kitchen. Before she had taken two steps, she heard Lando stand up off the sofa too, and felt a hand on her waist.

Lando turned her around, his hands still on her waist as he leaned over her. "Y'know," he said, taking one of his hands off her waist, and hauling it to tuck a strand of loose hair behind her ear, "This isn't the first time I've caught you staring at me."

Thea tried to distract herself from the feeling of his warm hands tracing her jawline. "Yeah, please don't inflate you're ego too much there Mr. Race car driver." she said, in an attempt to stop his teasing.

It didn't work.

His smile only grew, and he pulled her closer to him. "Thea." he said, quietly.

Thea's hand install went to his arm, holding it as his thumb traced across her hip. "Yep, that's my name." she joked, trying to ease the tension.

All the teasing seemed to disappear off Lando's face. His expression became one Thea could not pinpoint. His eyes became to scan her face, her faint freckles, her eyes, her lips.

Thea's eyes did the same. She didn't know what it was, but she had never wanted to be closer to Lando than she did right now. Her mind flashed back to the moment before they had driven off to Silverstone. That was the closest they had been until now.

Neither of them realised they had been leaning in until they felt their noses brush against each other's. Neither of them wanted to pull away.

Lando pushed his forehead down to Thea's resting it against her's. Thea's hands went from Lando's arms up to his shoulders, settling them there. Lando's one hand was still along her waist, the other holding her jaw.

It was all so still. One move, that was all they needed.

Then the phone rang.

Lando's eyes closed in frustration, as Thea pulled her head away slightly. Her hands aug back down his arms, and when they reached his hands, she stepped away, Lando's hand falling off her waist.

"I should uh- I should get that. It could be Nia."
she said, still in shock about what just happened.

Lando ruffled his hair slightly. "Yeah, yeah no that's okay- I should go anyways, I've got a meeting with Zak and Andreas."

Thea nodded. "Okay, I'll see you later."

Lando nodded to. "Yeah see you later." he answered, before he led the room, running a hand down his face as he walked away.

"Idiot." he muttered to himself.

————

i don't like the first bit of this chapter but i really can not be arsed to go back and re write it.

BUT BADA

sorry

i couldn't help myself from letting you all suffer <3

i'm suffering too don't worry