C H A P T E R T E N

THEA walked through the corridor towards her hotel room

THEA walked through the corridor towards her hotel room. She'd had a tiring day, WTF1 had lots of interviews one after the other, and she was drained. She opened the door and was just ava out to walk inside, when all the lights turned on.

Lando, Nia, Max, Carlos, Daniel, Max.V, Alex and George, Charles and Pierre all jumped out from behind the sofa. "Happy birthday!" They all said in unison, as Nia popped a small party popper into the air.

Lando raised an eyebrow, "Well, kinda' birthday, but you get the jist."

Thea stared at her friends, her mouth slightly open. "I-"

Lando's face became slightly worried. "Are you okay?" he asked, nervous he'd gone too far.

Thea dropped her bags on the floor and began to walk towards Lando. He held his breath as she walked towards him, having a small panic attack, scared that she was angry or upset with him.

But all she did was throw her arms around his neck, standing up on her toes, pulling him into a large hug.

Everyone around them seemed to let out a small sigh of relief. Nia let out a little whoop and the party almost instantly burst into life. Max turned on a playlist, and Nia went to pass around drinks to people.

Thea and Lando were still stood in the middle of the room, and Thea managed to whisper in his ear. "Thank you."

Lando smiled to himself, thankful she was okay. "You're welcome. I thought you deserved a proper birthday. I know you don't usually like it but-"

"Lando." Thea cut him off from rambling, "It's okay. I love it."

He smiled even more, and gave her a big squeeze, before they both pulled away from the hug. Lando took a stand of her hair between his fingers, twirling it around slightly, before Nia came over with a small glass of champagne for them both.

"PRESENTS! Nia clapped her hands as she took Thea's shoulder's guiding her to the sofa to sit down. Nia sat on her right, as Max sat to her left. Max.V and Danny took refuge on a large armchair, Danny claiming the cushion, Max settling on the arm.

Alex, George, Charles and Pierre all sat on the larger sofa opposite the armchair, and Lando and Carlos pulled up two chairs from the small kitchen table, sitting close to the others.

Thea smiled to herself as she saw the small pile of gifts her friends had gotten for her. "Guys you didn't hav-"

"Shut up!"

"No don't say that!"

" 'Corse we wanted to! "

"Just open them!"

Thea laughed at the chorus of responses she gained. "Alright alright." She picked out a bag off the table and looked at the tag. "From Nia." she read off, giving Nia a small smile. She took the gift out of the bag and gasped.

Camera equipment.

Expensive Camera equipment.

"Nia." she breathed.

"No, don't objectify. It's yours. You deserve it." Nia said, rubbing Thea's arm. Thea leaned over to her best friend and gave her a large hug.

She picked up another bag, this one from George and Alex.

And one from Daniel and Max.V, another from Charles and Pierre, and one from Max, and one from Lando.

Somehow, she felt appreciated. They had all gone to all this trouble, just to give her a good birthday. They had all taken time out of their day, to get her gifts, ones that actually meant something, and to come and see her.

After all the hugs and 'thank yous' we're exchanged, everyone went back to what they had been doing before. Lando tapped Thea on the shoulder, and gestures his head for her to follow him.

She did so, following his lead into Thea's small bedroom. He grabbed her hand softly and pulled her to stand in front of him. "I got you something."

Thea frowned. "I know... I opened it just now." she said, a smile creeping up on her face.

Lando shook his head, his own smile dawning. "No, I got you something else."

Thea immediately frowned. "Lando-" she went to protest his gesture but he squeezed her hand.

"Just, hear me out okay?" he said gently.

Thea had a look on her face that told Lando she wanted to retort, but she stayed quite. Even if she hated to admit it, she was curious as to what Lando had gotten her.

Once he was satisfied she was quiet, he moved around her to the wardrobe, opening it, taking out a dainty bag. He walked back over to her and held it out on his finger for her to take. Thea could see his hand shaking slightly, as his nerves grew.

She took the bag off him and slowly opened it, Lando becoming more tense ever second that passed. Thea dipped her hand inside the bag and brought out a small box. She looked up at him through her eyelashes, a confused look on her face. "What did you do?"

"Just open it." he urged.

She rolled her eyes, smiling softly at his eagerness. She did as she was told, opening the box slowly. She let out a small gasp as she looked at the content inside.

A dainty bracelet, just like the one her Grandmother used to own, was staring up at her, deep blue sapphires sparkling slightly against the light from the ceiling. She instantly was drawn back to the day she and Lando had seen this bracelet in the window of a jewellery shop. "He remembered." she thought to herself.

"Oh Lando..." she breathed out, as she ran her finger across the gold chain.

"Do you like it?" he asked nervously.

Thea gaped at him. "Lando this is expensive, this is-"

"That wasn't my question." Lando nudged.

Thea looked back down at the bracelet. Her heart melted at the touch of the cold chain. She felt quite emotional , the bracelet having so much more meaning than anyone could have thought.

She placed the box carefully down on the bed next to them, and threw her arms around Lando's neck, burring her head in his chest. He snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him.

"Lando I love it." she assured him.

He smiled to himself, happy to at she she was happy.

————

BABIES

i apologies if i've been slightly less active lately, i've been going through a hard time, but here's a chapter for you <3