It was completely quiet. Not even any regular woodsy noises like bugs or animals...it was just silent.

Suddenly there was just barely the sound of rustling and his smile widened. He looked absolutely insane.

"There you are." He growled out and I watched as a man slowly emerged from behind a tree.

He was breathing shakily and holding his side. His head was also bleeding and he had a black eye.

He coughed and blood coated his lips.

"Alastor, we can talk about this..." his voice wavered and Alastor chuckled deeply. I stepped out of the way when Alastor moved, taking slow steps towards the man.

In return the man backed away.

"Please, Alastor..." he whimpered and Alastor simply laughed.

"My good man, your right to plead has been long lived. For you see, that little lady you decided to fondle..."

My eyes widened at that, and I watched as Alastor backed the man against a tree, getting close to his face.

I noticed, then, the large hunting knife Alastor was holding.

"She's my cousin." He hissed, and the man's eyes widened.

"Oh god, please..." he whimpered pitifully, tears streaming from his eyes as he shrunk away from Alastor.

"Not even he would spare your pathetic life," Alastor growled and I quickly turned my head away when he pulled his arm back and thrust the knife forward.

With each stab I winced, keeping my eyes shut.

I peeked curiously, and they were both on the ground now. Alastor was straddling him, his back to me. He was just stabbing him, over and over, grunting with each time he slammed the knife down.

Chuckles filled the air, and I walked over to him slowly. I put my hand over my mouth, averting my eyes from the bloody corpse.

He kept thrusting the knife into this man's body, and I knelt next to him. He was still laughing but there were clearly tears in his eyes.

I sighed, looking at him sadly.

"That's enough..." I said softly, and he froze.

His eyes lifted slightly, his pupils dilating. He was breathing heavily and let his arms drop, holding the knife in one hand.

He brought the back of his hand up to his nose and swiped, sniffling.

His breathing slowly calmed and then he just sighed heavily.

Suddenly he stood, just leaving the mangled corpse laying on the woodland floor.

I stood as well, and started following him, walking a bit behind him. He wove through the trees expertly, and finally we came to a clearing that then revealed my house.

Er...his house, in this case.

I had to jog to keep up with his fast pace, and we finally made it to the back door. He took in a deep breath, and I realized he wasn't smiling.

That changed when a large smile rose to his face suddenly and he ran his hand through his hair, making it look less tussled.

He pushed the door open, and I followed him in, walking behind him like I have been. We passed a mirror and I glanced at it, but froze when I saw I didn't have a reflection.

Huh...

"Sorry I was gone so long, darling," Alastor's voice sounded far away, and he was speaking softly. I quickly turned and went to find him.

I rounded the corner to the kitchen, and stood in the doorway. There at the table sat a young girl, maybe about 9 or 10...is this his cousin?

That man was going to harass a child?

I made a disgusted face and took a few steps into the kitchen. The little girl was just looking up at Alastor, her big eyes glimmering softly.

"What were you doing...?" She asked him softly and he quickly answered her.

"I was only handling my latest game kill, dear," he said and she swung her feet slightly since they didn't touch the ground when she was sitting.

"You ruined your nice clothes, Aly..." she chastised him in that same soft tone and I chuckled, covering my mouth.

I looked at Al and he was smiling at the little girl, a gentle smile. He knelt in front of her, taking off his gloves and putting them aside.

"Enough about me, Rosaline, are you alright?" He asked her softly, holding his hand out towards her.

"Yes I'm fine," she replied and took his hand...or rather she took his fingers in her hand. He squeezed her fingers gently and smiled bigger.

"Good...now come, I need to get you back home to your father," he said, and picked her up out of the chair, standing back up.

She pouted, laying her head against his chest.

"Do I have to go?" She whined, and he chuckled, walking past me and out the doorway, heading to the front door.

"I'm afraid so, sweetheart, you know he doesn't like when I keep you late," he said, and opened the door.

"Ok..." she replied softly, and her voice faded as I suddenly felt like I was falling.

I gasped and my eyes shot open. My heart was beating hard in my chest and I glanced around.

Sitting up slowly I realized I was in my room, and then I jumped slightly when something shifted next to me.

I looked down and saw Alastor laying there. I could barely make out his features, but he was asleep.

My heart calmed and my expression relaxed. I brushed his hair away from his eyes and gently ran my fingers over one of his ears. I lowered myself back down, and put my head on his chest.

He made a soft noise, then my eyes widened when he used one arm to pull me closer to him.

He mumbled something and then kissed my forehead, making me blush. I couldn't tell what he said, but I just shushed him softly.

"Shhh...go back to sleep, I'm fine," I said in a hushed tone and he hummed tiredly. His breathing quickly evened out again and I sighed.

I'll have to ask him about this cousin of his in the morning.