Chapter 68

Kaisog landed effortlessly in the middle of the castle courtyard. The flight from the Tao-clan's camp wasn't long, so she knew she had to look a mess still. She still wasn't clad in anything but her night-robe and the fur, for starters.

Lodin slid down first and gestured for her to follow him.

"Perhaps you should go and get both bandages and clothes changed before we start anything," he muttered as she landed. She got the feeling he was talking to himself rather than her.

She simply nodded, pulling the fur closer around herself. The silken fabric of her night-robe wasn't doing much for her.

"Ciara! It is good to see you here," Sergon said as he reached them, giving her a soft smile all while he seemed to search her from head to toe.

"Thank you," she replied, trying to return that smile.

"Are they all gathered?" Lodin asked the Commander.

"All Dragon Slayers are gathered in the dungeons. No one has entered or exited the castle since you left either."

"Alex and Elias?" Lodin asked.

"On the way - no one can hold them back once they realize she is back." Sergon smiled at her again.

"Have them take you to our chambers and seen to, Ciara," Lodin told her directly. "Then you must come to the throne room immediately. Do not let them leave your side for even a moment."

She nodded. She wouldn't argue with any of that.

"Find Victoria and bring her to the throne room along with Arthas at approximately the same time as Ciara."

Sergon's brows furrowed, but he nodded grimly.

She shuddered. Still, duty demanded her presence, so she could only oblige.

"Ciara!" another familiar voice called, accompanied by two sets of footsteps.

She looked up just moments before she was enveloped in a steely hug. Still, it comforted her more than she thought possible.

"I was so worried. Never do that again!" Alex squeezed her a little tighter before releasing and holding her at arm's length.

The emotions flooding through his eyes made tears spring back to her own.

"He was truly horrible to be around," Elias said, eliciting a little laugh from her. "I am glad you are all right."

"T-thank you. I am glad to be back," she said, losing control of her voice. "Would you mind taking me to the chambers, though?" She glanced down at herself pointedly.

"Sure thing." Alex placed a hand on her back and quickly guided her inside.

Her feet had begun burning from the cold at this point, so it could only go too slow.

"Chanti should be ready for you with everything," Alex told her as they neared the chambers.

"She was almost as horrible as he was," Elias said. "She has fluttered about all night and morning."

She smiled. "That sounds nice."

Although she realized there was no time to prepare a proper, warm bath, she'd absolutely love a brush through her hair.

Sure enough, the maid was present in the chambers and immediately squealed upon their arrival.

"Oh, I was so scared for you, Ciara!" She quickly enveloped the princess in a tight hug.

"Thank you, Chanti." Ciara glanced around the room. The maid had prepared proper clothing, a small tub with hot water, a rag and a cup of tea already. "You are amazing."