Chapter 4

Seven days had passed with the twins travelling with them, playing and having fun every day. Sergon's men had come to somewhat relax around them, even playing with them from time to time. Though they were careful around the teeth, it didn't seem like they feared the two as such any longer. It truly had made her happy to see, though it was probably only because these were so young and irresistible.

A pair of days had passed since the two had parted ways with them already. Ciara was certain this wouldn't be the last time she saw those two though.

Ever since they left, the days had been very uneventful. Kaisog couldn't think of anything new to teach her, so they'd simply practiced what she already did know.

Her silent prayers were answered when a loud call came from the man up in the look-out.

"Land in sight!"

She rushed to the railing, not minding anyone around her. She looked ahead, trying to see the land he'd been talking about. It was very faint, but she could see something ahead which definitely wasn't water.

"How are you feeling, Princess?" Kaisog asked, standing a little behind her.

"Nervous." Her gaze never left the land on the horizon. "But also very excited." She threw a sidelong glance at him.

He smiled and patted her head lightly. "That sounds good."

...

A loud knock at his door made both Lodin and his advisor, Narza, look up from their work.

"May I enter, my king?" he heard Sergon ask from the other side of the door.

He sighed. Just how many times did he have to get disturbed today?

"Yes, come in." He didn't even bother trying to mask his exasperation.

But this was Sergon, so it would no doubt be something unable to wait. Likely about that bloody princess he talked about incessantly.

The door opened, revealing the Commander himself, clad in his usual armor.

"I have a message you would like to hear, my king," he announced, all formal as he liked to be when it was work-related.

Lodin somehow suppressed the urge to snort. Just from the guy's expression alone, he could easily tell what he'd come to say.

"Let me guess; the ship has been spotted."

Sergon nodded, not even surprised. "You know me too well. They will dock within an hour."

Lodin leaned back in his chair, his arms crossed. "Everything is prepared, I presume?" he asked, though he already knew the answer. Sergon was a perfectionist – he'd been done with the preparations after the first seven days.

The Commander nodded again. "Naturally. We only need someone to pick her up and escort her here. I was thinking I could do that as-"

He was cut off suddenly by a voice coming from down the hall.

"Please pardon me, however I could not help but overhear your conversation," Arthas, Commander of the Dragon Slayers, said as he stepped into sight. That man was everywhere always. "Surely it should not fall to someone of your station to do such a menial task," the old man said, his eyes on the Royal Guard's Commander.

Sergon's lips fell to a straight, almost white line.

"Instead, please allow one of my men to do this – many of them are itching for something to do, and you must be busy with other things as well." Arthas' gaze moved from Sergon to his king. "Besides which, it would be foolish to do something like that without taking the proper precautions."