5. More Than Yesterday

(Emilia is 7, Mason is 4, Ellie is 2 and Micah is a week old)

"Hey little guy. Come on snuggles, what's wrong with you, huh?" you whispered to the newborn in your arms. You and Harry, last month, just turned 32 and then last week, you gave birth to Micah Niall Styles, figuring that Niall had been so involved with the last 3 kids, he deserved to have his own godson.

It was only 2am, and you had fed Micah 15 minutes ago, he also didn't need changed, so you weren't sure what to do. You picked up the blanket Harry had fell asleep with earlier which cradling Micah in his nursery and sat on the nursing chair in Micah's nursery, draping Harry's childhood blanket over both of you.

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
If that mockingbird don't sing,
Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
And if that diamond ring gets broke,
Daddy's gonna buy you a billy goat.
And if that billy goat don't pull,
Daddy's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
And if that cart and bull turn over,
Daddy's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Daddy's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
So hush little baby, don't you cry,
Cause Daddy loves you and so do I.

His cries slowed down to a soft whimper against your chest and you placed your index finger in his tiny hand as he tried to grasp it. You smiled at him and kissed his forehead. There was no doubt that Micah had been extremely clingy to you and Harry over the past week, and he seemed to notice whenever someone else held him because his cries would pierce through the room, until you or Harry would take him back and he'd smack his lips and go to sleep. Him being the last baby that you would house in your belly for 9 months made you feel sad. You knew that Harry would have another, and another, and another, but your cut off was 4. You had to have a cut off or you would bave 10 children running about. You were happy with a six person family right now.

"You know you can stay in the bedroom with him babe," Harry spoke quietly from Micah's nursery doorway. You looked up and smiled at your husband with black Calvin Kleins on and a white t-shirt.

"I know, I just don't like waking you up," you whispered since the small boy in your arms was yawning tiredly. He shook his head and walked over to you sitting beside you on the armchair that was big enough for you both, the reason you bought it.

"He's my son too. Don't put all of the nightime changes and crankiness on yourself. I want to help," he smiled kissing your temple and bringing his hand under the blanket to draw small patterns on Micah's back. "Are you tired, my little prince?" Harry whispered making you smile. "Do you want Mama to sing to you again, huh?" Micah opened his mouth looking up to Harry. "Thats a yes babe," he whispered and you chuckled.

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are king, dilly dilly,
I shall be queen.

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so.

Call up your friends, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly dilly,
Some to the fork.

Some to the hay, dilly dilly,
Some to thresh corn
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are king, dilly dilly,
I shall be queen.

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so.

You sung the song your mother sang to you when you were upset and couldn't sleep as a newborn. The home videos your adopted parents had given you when you turned 16 the only memory of it. Harry had watched a couple with you when you were feeling sad, and that was one of them. He smiled and wrapped his arm around you and you placed the blanket over him to.

The lullaby seemed to send him to sleep and he gurgled making you chuckle. You smiled up at Harry who was already smiling down at you. "You're such an amazing mum. They'd be so proud of you baby." A small tear fell down your cheek and he reached up to wipe it away. "Don't cry my love. Let's go back to bed. I love you Missus," he kissed you lightly making you smile.

"I love you too, Mister," you whispered and he looked down to Micah who was sleeping soundly on your chest.

"And you my little prince. Are you just the cutest thing ever?" He cooed. You looked up to see Ellie at the door and you smiled at her.

"Hi my darling, what are you doing up?" You asked and she shook her head, lip quivering. "What's wrong sweets, come give mummy and daddy hugs," you said gently but she ran away, her tears starting to run down her face.

"Take Mikey, I got her," you smiled and he nodded taking the small bundle into his arms. You stood up, wincing at the pain shooting through you from just giving birth a week ago. You walked into Ellie's pink room and spotted the small girl sitting on her bed, crying, cuddling her favorite stuffed toy. "Darling, what's wrong?" She seen you and opened her arms. You climbed onto her bed, covering your legs with her white and pink duvet, cuddling your daughter into your chest.

"Daddy no love me because he got Mike," she whimpered and you held her closer.

"And why would you say that sweets? Daddy loves Emilia, Mason, you and Micah all the same. I promise," you whispered and she shook her head.

"He not love us. He loves his little prince," she huffed, tears still coming out of her eyes.

"Baby girl, Daddy loves you all. He told you, his princess, he loved you all the time when you were just born. How about, we go into Mummy and Daddy's bed and have a hug with Daddy. And I bet he'll tell you how much he loves you," you whispered and she nodded softly. You unwrapped your legs and stood up, lifting the two year old.

Harry was back in bed by the time you carried a tired Ellie into him and Micah was in the bassinet. There's my little snugglemuffin. Come give daddy a hug," Ellie held on to you and Harry frowned. "Hey, my little love. Is daddy now allowed any hugs?" he asked.

"Give daddy a hug El," you whispered to the small girl and she held her hands out.

"There she is. Hi lovey, why are you awake, huh? Daddy loves you so so much, my little princess," he whispered and she smiled.

"Love you too Daddy. I thought you no love me," she whispered and his eyes grew with sadness.

"Why did you think that snuggles? You know I love you aaaaalllll so, so, so much. I love you all more than yesterday. Why would you think I didn't?" He asked and she shyed into his chest.

"Hey, it doesn't matter now does it? You know daddy loves you. And you know I love you. And you know your brothers and sister loves you, so lets just sleep huh?" They both nodded and you mothed 'I'll tell you later' to Harry and he nodded. Ellie snuggled into Harry's side while he put an arm around her, and she place her head on his sternum, half of her body on him and half on the duvet, her dummy (pacifier) in her mouth. You took a quick picture of the toddler, closing her eyes trying to sleep and the then turned the light out. Facing towards your daughter and your husband. 

Harry took his hand of the arm that Ellie was lying on and took your right hand that was lying on the pillow into his. No matter what happened in life, you would always have your 4 babies and Harry, the love of your life, and for that, you were so, so grateful.