Chapter Seventeen

"Mum, can I go? It's the last party of high school and I'm going to AUN tomorrow, mum please." I begged. "Ok Diana, but make sure all your things are packed and ready so you can leave early tomorrow." Mum said. "Yay! Thanx mum! The party's at 8 and I'll pack everything now then get ready. It's about 6 now so let me get started."

I ran to my room and packed everything I had to pack. Now it was 6:45 so I quickly went and had a shower. I shaved my legs and under my arms. I wore my black shorts, they were a bit sparkly, and I wore a gold colour skinny fit t-shirt and black Louboutin high heels. I then applied makeup, I made smokey eyes for my eyes and applied red lipstick. I straightened my hair and left it to go down my shoulders.

I grabbed my black and gold purse and put my phone in it. I grabbed my black cardigan and walked down. It was now 8:10pm. I entered my car and drove. I parked on the side of the road and called Nancy to ask her wear place is. She told me the directions so I drove to that place. It was a frat house I think, for the ones who go to college here, they invited all the graduates of our school.

I parked next to a black C class. I knocked on the door and Harry opened the door. "Hi Harry!" I yelled through the music and gave him a hug. He put his hand on my back as he led me to where Nancy and the others were. I hugged them all including Linda. I whispered to Linda,"I'm sorry for anything wrong I did to you, please forgive me." She smiled at me.

Harry came and gave me a drink,"What's this?" I asked. "Vodka mixed with lemonade." He said. "Harry, I don't drink, plus I have to wake up early tomorrow, cause I'm leaving for AUN." "It's ok, I only poured a bit of vodka, and one won't get you drunk, I'm also leaving tomorrow, I can drive you." "Oh ok, it's ok, my mum has to take me to get me settled down." "Ok."

I drank the vodka mixed with lemonade Harry gave me. "Did I tell you that you look stunning today?" Someone whispered in my ear. I turned around to find Harry. "Do you wanna dance?" He asked. "Sure, why not." I got up and took his hand. He led me to the dance floor. We started dancing. I looked behind Harry to see Zayn looking at me. "What's wrong? Diana." Harry asked. I looked into his beautiful green eyes. "Where is the bathroom?" I asked. "Go upstairs then turn left, the first door there." He answered. "Thanx." I said, my voice cracking.

I turned around and walked as fast as I could. I then ran to the bathroom and locked the door with the key. I miss Zayn. But I don't wanna be with him right now.

My mind went off to the promise ring he gave me on my birthday. A bucket of tears were falling down my cheeks right now.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

"Who is it?" I asked, my voice cracking. "Harry, Diana are you ok? I'm worried." He said, his voice was soft. "I'm fine, I'll come out in a second." I said.

I went to the sink and washed my face then applied fresh makeup on, thank God I brought makeup with me. I opened the door and saw Harry waiting for me. "You don't seem well, I know where to take you and you'll feel better, trust me." Harry said. "I'm fine, really.. I wanna spend this party with the rest of my friends since I'm not gonna see them for a long time." "Ok." He answered, smiling softly at me. I hugged him. I broke the hug. Our faces were inches away, he looked at my lips, his face was coming closer, our lips about to touch when someone coughed.

I looked at the back of Harry to see Zayn. "I see what's going on now, you left me for him, why do you like him so much huh?" He asked me, then continued speaking, "There's something important you need to know Diana, after you left that night in prom, I overheard Tania speaking to someone, she said that the plan worked, about her kissing me and Harry trying to get to you. You know who she was talking to? This boy you were about to make out with right now." Zayn pointed to Harry.

"Harry is this true?" I asked. "Diana I wanted to tell you, but I didn't know how to." He said. "I need to talk to Zayn, can you leave us alone? Please." I asked and Harry walked downstairs.

I looked at Zayn and said,"Zayn, I really miss you, and I really love you, but I feel like we aren't meant to be. I mean, one second in falling for Harry and.. and one second I'm falling for you. Zayn... I just don't wanna hurt you." I started crying, I didn't realise how close we are right now.

He just kissed me. Our lips were moving in perfect sync then I broke the kiss. "Zayn, I forgive you but we won't be together for a long time. Sorry."