5| Raabta

≤≥≤≥≤≥

The night beautifully gleamed with the stars and the full moon smiling at the two people who were so engrossed in their talks.

"Ham aapse kuch puchh sakte hai?" Rameez raised his eyebrows at her words.

"Manaa karu tou kya nahi bologi? Tell me," He said looking at her with amused eyes.

"Aap ko bushra aapi kaisi lagti hai? I am serious. Like, do you romantically like her?" Amal asked in a curious tone as her fingers grazed the cup of hot chocolate.

Winters and hot chocolate is the best combination. Like you are enjoying the wintry weather with your loved ones sipping the hot chocolate. Cold winds kissed your face and you feel content inside. There is a certain type of peace in your heart knowing that everything is gonna be alright at the end of the day.

"I don't like her, Amal," Rameez said as he sucked in a sharp breath.

"Why? Wo itni acchi hai. Aap ke liye best hai wo. Aur aapko pata hai, wo aapko bohot pasand karti hai," she whined as her ship was drowning.

He let out a sigh as he took her hands in
his and give it a light squeeze.

"Pasand kar ne se kya hota hai. Thodi har cheez aasani se mil jaati hai. Agar aapki har pasand aapko mil jaaye tou chahat kis baat ki rah jaayegi. Chahat rahti hai tou dil mein kuch milne ka intezaar bhi rahta hai," He let out a dry chuckle and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Wait a minute- matlab aapki bhi koi chahat adhoori rah gayi. Mujhe bhi tou bataye. Agar aapke dil mein koi hai ya koi baat hai tou zaahir kare. Aise dil mein rakhenge tou kuch matlab nahi rah jaayega," Amal said in a mischievous tone as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"So should I express my feelings to her?" Rameez raised his eyebrows.

"Karde. Ladkiyo ko aise ladke pasand hai jou unke jazbaat ke saath na khele. Aap seedha unke ghar rishta bheje. Tou unko itminaan ho jaayega ke aap unse mohabbat karte hai," she smiled as her fingers glided down the hem of her dupatta.

Rameez passed her a genuine smile as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Rameez rubbed the side of his neck as he knocked on the door of his parents.

His eyes shifted to his mother who was watching something on her tablet while his father was reading a book sitting on his chair.

"Aap dono se kuch baat karni thi. Main kisi ko pasand karta hoon. Aur mai shaadi ke liye tayyar hoon," He cleared his throat and an unpleasant silence enveloped the room.

"Waqayi?" His mother asked in a low voice as she recovered from the shock.

It was a surprise for her. Rameez was never ready to get married because he thinks that it can affect his political life.

"Jee," He replied and his gaze fell on his father who had a calm look on his face.

He put the bookmark between the pages and put the book on the side table.

"It can affect your political life. I want you to win this year's election as well. Are you sure you are ready to get married?" His father asked with a certain aura that can make anyone sacred.

"You are manipulating him. For the very first time, he asks us to get him married. He is ready for the marriage. That's why he is confessing to us. We should support him," His mother interrupted as she don't want her son to change his mind.