1| Qurbat

***

Anabia took a deep breath as he went away. His presence was scaring the crap out of her. She took a tissue and wipe away her lipstick.

She saw her cousin Anam coming towards her.

"Bohot acchi lag rahi ho," Anam smiled looking at her.

( You are looking beautiful )

"Rehne de. Waise bhi aapke bhai ne aake hamara mood kharab kar diya," Anabia frowned sitting on the bedside.

(Leave it. Your brother had already ruined my mood)

"Hamein nahi pata kya dushmani hai aapki hamare bhai se. In acche toh hai," Anam said flipping her hair proudly and she scrunched her nose.

(I don't know why you are always angry with my brother. He is very good)

"Jhooth toh na bole. Bohot khadoos hai aapke bhai. Aisa ghoorte hai ke insaan ki Jaan hi nikal Jaye. Hamein bohot taras aata hai apne aap par. Hamein toh puri zindagi aise khadoos insaan ke saath bitaani padegi," she replied in a low voice as her lips pursued into the pout.

(At least, don't lie to me. Your brother is very rude and arrogant. He glares at me with so much intensity that I felt the soul leaving out of my body. I felt pity for myself. I have to spend my whole life with such a rude person)

She chuckled clutching her stomach.

"Shahzain bhai ko bhi toh pata chale ke aap unki kitni tarif karti ho. Wo toh fida ho jaayenge aap par," Anam laughed.

(Shahzain bhai should know how much you praise him. He will fall for you)

Anabia glared at her but she didn't stop chuckling at her condition.

Anabia fixed her dupatta properly and wear a black long jacket.

She saw her TayAmmi coming towards her.

She looks at her from head to toe and passed her a beautiful smile.

"Meri bachi kitni pyari lag rahi hai. MashaAllah," she kissed the top of her forehead.

(My daughter is looking so beautiful)

"Shukriya," she replies looking at her palm.

(Thank you)

" Anam, jau dekho tumhaare abbu apni shadi ki ghadi dhoondh rahe hai. Nahi pata bhudaape mai inta shauk kaha se aata hai," TayAmmi said with a huff making her chuckle.

(Anam, your father is not able to find his wedding watch. Please search for him. I don't even know how one can think about that old vintage watch in the old age)

Anam nodded her head and went away leaving her alone with TayAmmi.

"Anabia, shahzain tumhaara intezaar kar rahe hai car mai. Jaldi chali jaye warna woh khafa ho jaayenge. Unki tou aadat har baat pe khafa hone ki. Bilkul apne abba par gaya hai" TayAmmi said caressing her head.

(Anabia, shahzain is waiting for you in the car. Go fast or else he will be angry with you)

"Khafa hone ke elawa aata kya hai unhe," Anabia mutter under her breath.

(He don't know anything rather than being angry)

"Kuch Kaha?" Her TayAmmi asked as she didn't hear her properly.

(Did you said something)

"TayAmmi, ham aapke saath chale shaadi mai. Hamein unke saath acha nahi lagta. Wo bohot daante hai," Anabia whined like a child.