Chapter 123-Trust yourself

Start from the beginning

"Of course, sir" she said and gave me the files, sitting on the couch.

"I hope everything is fine in office" I asked, opening the first file.

"Yes, sir" she said in a professional tone.

"Good" I said and proceeded to do my work.

Well Jannet didn't know that the main reason of calling her here wasn't official work but I needed to ask her a favor.

After about one hour of working on the files, I finally turned to Jannet and said "Jannet, I want a favor from you."

"Of course, sir. Anything for you" she said, smiling brightly.

"I know I should hire some interior designer for this work as it is not a part of your profile but I very well know that you're the only one that can help me" I said.

"Of course, sir" she said.

"Is it possible to get a library in my room?" I asked.

"You mean a full library?" she asked.

"Yeah, a mini library, actually" I said.

"Sure sir, I can get it done" she said with a smile.

"Actually can it be made in both my guest room and my room" I said.

"Of course sir, just a little rearrangement and it'll be done" she said.

"Good, good" I said and turned to work on my files again.

"Sir, may I ask something please?" she said.

"Of course, Jannet" I said, my eyes still focused on the files I was reading.

"You never wanted a library, then why now, Sir?" she asked.

My thoughts immediately went to one of my fond memories with Siya.

"When we've our own home, I will design it myself" I heard Siya say.

We were sitting on her bed with my head rested on the headboard and she was sitting on my lap with her back plastered on my chest.

"As you say, my queen" I said and kissed her shoulder.

"You know I'll decorate our house with all the handmade decorations. Nothing imported" she said and my eyebrows furrowed.

I looked over her shoulder and could see her smiling face.

"Why not imported? Don't you like Italian marble and all the imported stuff?" I asked, biting her earlobe.

She moaned and said "it's not like I don't like them. It's just that I want our home to give a good homely feeling whenever we come back home. With all the imported stuff, it'll no doubt look luxurious but we don't need it, right? I mean, if we've money why waste it on getting furniture imported when you can actually use it for a good cause?"

"Moreover, the handmade products in India are much more appealing and beautiful. Have you seen how beautiful Kashmiri carpets look? Or the handmade crafts made by people in Rajasthan? Just think about it, when your businessman colleagues will show off their imported stuff, we can show off Indian products, right? That would be so unique" she said, giggling and I smiled on her neck.

"Whatever you say, my princess" I said and kissed her head.

"Also, I think if we initiate something like that may be people will start purchasing products made in India. Just think how good it would be. Isn't it?" she asked and turned to me with an excited smile.

"Of course baby, that is so thoughtful of you" I said with a proud smile and kissed her nose.

Siya has many layers to her thoughts and personality. I am so glad that she's showing them only to me.