13. Revealation

Art by @rodyachan on Twitter

Dream's POV

We travel through the Smp on the Prime Path until they reach the nether portal.

"I thought your base was next to L'Manburg," I say.

"That's just property full of useless items. My real base with valuables is a bit far from here," she says.

After running through the nether for a bit we stop.

"We should mine for netherite while we're here," I suggest.

"Sure."

We mine for a good few minutes until she speaks.

"I never asked you but why did you do all those bad things? You must have had a reason for it."

I sit down on a rock and she stands in front of me.

"All I wanted from the beginning was a peaceful place where everyone could live in prosperity and happiness. When L'Manburg was created, I knew that it would cause conflicts. More factions mean more problems. I saw Tommy as particularly problematic. I grew to hate him and wanted to get back at him for so long. I stole his discs and declared war on L'Manburg. We won the war but I was blinded by my revenge on Tommy when he promised the discs for L'Manburg's independence. I agreed and knew that L'Manburg couldn't last long without help. During the L'Manburg election, Schlatt won and I knew that he would want to spread Manburg until it reached us. I provided Pogtopia with aid because under Wilbur's rule, they would stay in their walls and as long as they did, no problems between us would arise. After Schlatt was overthrown, I wanted to cause chaos along with the Badlands and Techno to further cause L'Manburg to be unstable. This meant that they would come back to us begging for aid and it would end the problem of factions all together. I was wrong," I say and pause to look at her face.

It shows empathy and sadness. I decide to continue.

"I pressured Tubbo to exile Tommy partly because of my revenge and partly because I believed that Tommy was the cause of all problems and conflict. Tubbo exiled him and I tried to get Tommy to think of me as a friend. I guess I'm not good at being friendly with him because I still hated him. I guess he took it as manipulation and went to hide with Techno. At Techno's execution, Punz caused a distraction while I helped Techno flee. I felt that him being alive would help me later on. Techno owes me a favor. I had to frame Tommy for blowing up the community house so that everyone would see that he was problematic. It almost worked but Tubbo gave in and gave me both discs. I told Tubbo that he was a terrible president, hoping to knock some sense into the people. Tommy turned on Techno and I decided that I was done with L'Manburg and wanted it destroyed once and for all. I teamed with Techno and Phil and we chunk destroyed it. I realized that the only way to unite the server again was to unite the people under one common enemy, me. I played this villainous, puppeteer who wanted to take control of everything. Not possible at all and I revealed my plans to Tubbo and Tommy early in my secret lair so they would further believe that I was crazy. I had Punz betray me on purpose to gain their trust and I told them that I had the Revival Book. If I die, the knowledge dies with me and death is permanent. I built the prison to keep me safe inside it so when the time came, I could sit in there and think and plot. I thought it would take months but it only took a week to come up with the perfect plan. I've a suffered months in a prison of my very own creation. Quackity has tortured me for information but I refused to break. I felt so alone and powerless in there." I sit back and sigh.

"I knew there had to be more to you than just chaos," Y/N says finally.

"All I wanted was a Smp united with no conflicts. I got lost along the way but I want to make it right. But no one believes me, they all think I'm a monster that wants destruction. I guess I played the villain too well." I say. "I need you to help me with this plan."

"I'll help you," she says. "But let's get to my base first."

We get up and run through the nether passing bastions and lava lakes but never looking back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Tubbo and Tommy watch and listen to their conversation from behind a netherrack hill. After they leave, Tubbo gasps.

"Woah. I always thought Dream was the bad guy but really he just wanted the best for everyone."

Tommy nods. "She helped him escape. But I don't think we should tell anyone. If they're going far away he can't hurt us."

Tubbo and Tommy quickly dash back through the nether portal.

——————————————————————————————

883 words

Hmmm, so Tommy and Tubbo know the truth now. What are they going to do? Has their views on Dream changed?

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!