Chapter 2

After a long shift, Sylvia headed out of her workplace and began walking home steadily. She had her hands stuffed in her leather jacket and she contemplated thoughtfully. Sylvia yawned loudly and slowly covered her hand with her mouth.

"Hey, Sylvia."
Sylvia turned around and immediately a smile formed on her face, her dainty lips curling. "Hey, Nathan," Sylvia said wearily, "Long time no see." "Indeed," Nathan said swiftly as he adjusted his thick rimmed spectacles. The two began walking side by side. "So, how's life?" Nathan asked, softly, while running his fingers through his ebony curls, "...Life is just fine," She said nonchalantly, "What about you?"
"Muy bien," Nathan said faintly, a radiant smile on his lips afterwards.
"Good to hear..," Sylvia stated earnestly, punching Nathan’s shoulder rather playfully.

"So… um," Nathan rubbed the back of his neck slowly as he asked, "You wanna go get a coffee or something tomorrow?" "Huh… oh sorry I can't. My sister and I are planning to go out of town today," Sylvia said solemnly, “When I am back I will be more than happy to.” "Ah well that's alright," Nathan said gently. "Why do you ask though?" Sylvia asked rather instinctively as she raised her brow, "Is something wrong?" "No, everything is ok," Nathan said faintly, although Sylvia raised her brow. "If you say so," Sylvia said quietly as she nodded swiftly, a feeling in her stomach arising.

“May I ask what your thoughts are about the election,” Nathan said steadily, changing the topic.  Sylvia sighed heavily as she glanced at her friend. “All I can say is I hope people do not vote a stupid person in again.” “I can agree with that,” Nathan said as he tapped his chin, “Our country is such a mess now unfortunately.” “It is unfortunate. Our cities used to be so beautiful,” Sylvia said rather yearningly as she faxed out into the ruined town.

“Indeed,” Nathan said calmly as the two reached the train tracks which meant they were near the outskirts of the city. "Welp, this is where I go," Nathan said casually, as he patted Sylvia’s shoulder briefly. Sylvia put her hand on her hip as Nathan dusted off his ashen blazer.

"See ya around Nathan," Sylvia said softly. "Yeah, see ya Syl," Nathan said quickly, as he went his own way. Sylvia gazed at him as he walked away before continuing her walk home too.

"Hopefully he's alright," She mumbled inaudibly, as she hopped on top of the sturdy train tracks and walked alongside it with ease. She whistled a faint tune she had heard on the radio one day, ‘A la vie en rose’ as she walked home leisurely. When Sylvia finally made it home and opened the door slowly she was met with her sibling's surprised gaze.

"Ah, come on come on," Sylvie exclaimed hastily as she shoved a suitcase into Sylvia's arms, "We are going to be late!" "...O...Okay?" Sylvia said, her brow raising as she clutched the suitcase tightly and took a step backwards. Her sister however rushed out of the house while lightly pushing her sibling out as well nearly causing her to stumble. “What the…,” Sylvia trailed off as her sibling rushed quickly to a Chevy.

"Geez Sylvie, I know you are excited and all, but can you calm down perhaps?" Sylvia asked gently as she wearily gazed at her sister. “Calm down,” Sylvie scoffed a scowl firmly on her glowing face, “I do not see how I can!” 

Her sister hastily grabbed her by the hand and happily went over to their flashy old school Chevy. The two put their heavy suitcases in the large trunk and leisurely got in the car. Sylvia leaned back in her comfy seat, her weary gaze locked on her sister as she turned on the radio.
"Woo," Sylvie muttered softly as she turned the jingling keys, "She will never expect this.” Sylvie glanced at her sister briefly, a radiant smile tugging on her glossy lips.
"Let's get this show on the road, shall we?"

"Ah well that's alright," Nathan said gently. "Why do you ask though?" Sylvia asked rather instinctively as she raised her brow, "Is something wrong?"
"No, everything is ok," Nathan said faintly, although Sylvia raised her brow.

"If you say so," Sylvia said quietly as she nodded swiftly, a feeling in her stomach arising, "I am unconvinced though you know." An awkward silence simply fell between the two until they reached the train tracks. "Welp, this is where I go," Nathan said casually, a goofy grin on his face.

Sylvia put her hand on her hip as Nathan dusted off his ashen blazer. "See ya around Nathan," Sylvia said softly. "Yeah, see ya Syl," Nathan said quickly, as he went his own way. Sylvia gazed at him as he walked away before continuing her walk home too.
"Hopefully he's alright," She mumbled inaudibly, as she hopped on top of the sturdy train tracks and walked alongside it. She whistled a faint tune, 'A la vie en rose' on her way home. When Sylvia finally made it home and opened the door slowly she was met with her sibling's surprised gaze.

"Ah, come on come on," Sylvie exclaimed hastily as she shoved a suitcase into Sylvia's arms, "We are going to be late!" "...O...Okay?" Sylvia said, slightly perplexed as she clutched the suitcase tightly and took a step backwards. Her sister however rushed out of the house while lightly pushing her sibling out as well nearly causing her to stumble.

"Geez Sylvie, I know you are excited and all, but can you calm down?" Sylvia asked softly as her brow raised. "Calm down," Sylvie scoffed a scowl firmly on her glowing face, "I do not see how I can!"
Her sister hastily grabbed her by the hand and happily went over to their flashy old school Chevy. The two put their heavy suitcases in the large trunk and leisurely got in the car. Sylvia leaned back in her comfy seat, her weary gaze locked on her sister as she turned on the radio.
"Woo," Sylvie muttered softly as she turned the jingling keys, "She will never expect this!" Sylvie glanced at her sister briefly, a radiant smile tugging on Sylvia's glossy lips.
"Well, let's get this show on the road, shall we?"