BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 24

Start from the beginning

-----

"Wake up Ayesha!" I heard faint voices in my sleep. I tossed and turned feeling deep pain on my spine which was the result of sleeping on the hard floor. I opened my eyes and saw Bilal.

"Get up,we've planned to get you out of here at this time,don't let the plan fail" he whispered.

"What time is it?"

"2:30am" he answered. I quickly got up and followed him. He opened the door carefully. He was so cautious and scared of being caught.

"Where is Naadira and Yahya?" I asked.

"Naadira cannot come,her dad may suspect and forget about Yahya,he is an imbecile" we tiptoed out of the house and were already standing at the door. The door was locked with a certain code and Bilal knows the code very well. He pressed it with care and the big door moved. We took the first step,before we took another...

"Bilaaal!" Mr Musa bellowed from the balcony.

"Run Ayesha,Run!" Bilal said as we both ran as fast as we could. I held the tip of his shirt and made sure to not leave him behind. His life was in danger as much as mine was.

Mr Musa was also running behind us,I was barefooted since I didn't want to make any noise when escaping but Bilal was in his usual boots.

"I said Stop!" He shouted behind us again but we paid deaf ears to his commands.

Just when we were about to take a curve,Bilal got hit by a big stone on his head. He stopped and triggered on his position.

"Go Ayesha,go away from here"

"No Bilal,I can't leave you here...he will kill you" I reasoned.

"Just go,I'll be fine" he insisted.

"Nooo!" I pulled his shirt and he started running again,this time,a little bit slower.

Mr Musa was not far from us anymore. He would reach us anytime but we were not giving up too,not so soon.

"I'll shoot you if you don't stop" he said and we turned back.

He took out his silent gun from his back pocket and pointed it at Bilal, behind whom I stood. I took few steps and stood in front of Bilal,the gun now pointing at me.

"Are you crazy? Whata you doing?" Bilal whisper-shouted.

"I am the one you need,here I am,don't hurt him"

"Wow,you are trying to save him? He who always took you away from your family and brought you to me!" He spat. I kept quiet on my position.

"You have been a pest for me,I'll just put an end to you right here!" He smirked. I just watched him and got ready for my fate.

"Laa'ilaaha'illallaah" I whispered beneath my breath and continued watching. He tightened his grip on the gun. Before I know what was happening,Bilal had already thrown me out of the way.

"Pphusss" the sound of the gun followed.

"Aaarhhhh" Bilal screamed,he got shot on the arm "Run Ayeshaaaa" he screamed again. So much pain surging from his eyes and so much blood from his arm. I will not let his sacrifice be in vain. I took to my heels. I ran and ran and ran and ran! I did not know where I was going,just allowing my heels to make their own way.

I ran into the dark forest,my feet trampled on grasses and I used my hands to push the tall grasses aside. My breath hitched in my throat,my leg ached. I was not going to stop!

"Bam!" My head smashed on a big tree. My eyes dilated and my hand travelled directly to my forehead. I losed balance and allowed myself to fall. Just when I was expecting to feel my butt on the ground,a hand held me from the waist.

"Leave...hhh...me alone" he did as I said but gently allowed me to fall on the ground. I looked at him with a blurred vision.

"Who are you?" Were the last words I said and everything became black.

-----

I struggled to open my eyes but they didn't want to. I felt as if my eyelids were glued to each other.

"Wake up doll" I heard Bilal's voice. Was I still in Mr Musa's place? I forced my eyes open and inspected my surrounding.
I was in a hut. Lying on a mattress and covered in a big blanket.

"Alhamdulillaah" Bilal enthused.

"Bilal,how did we come here?" I asked.

"When I asked you to run away,I followed you too even though my hand was bleeding. I used all the strength left in me to safe myself. I didn't give up for you asked me not to. I lost track of you and couldn't find you again, I didn't know which route you took. I looked for you the whole night but didn't find you. I slept in the forest and got up early in the morning looking for you again. I was worried,what would have happened to you? You knew no one in this area and the forest is a dangerous place...that was when I came across you lying under a big tree with some crushed leaves applied on your wounded forehead. I lifted you and brought you here" he shrugged. I looked at his hands and saw it bandaged.

"I've told you a thousand times to stop lifting me,when will you listen?" I spoke with difficulty.

"Shut up doll,I will only listen if you could've taken yourself home" he is crazy.

"I brought you to my Granma's, Nnaa Fatimah. She is not my real Granma but I consider her one. She is also a good physician,she'll give you a good treatment. You can stay here with her till you are ready to go home. Whenever you feel like going home,just let me know"  he blinked.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"No need,I've done so many wrongs to you,lemme correct them" just then,an old woman walked in who I took to be Nnaa Fatimah.

"How are you my daughter?" She asked in her broken yet sweet voice.

"I am feeling better ma" I smiled.

"Given your condition,you'll have to stay with us for a while,therefore...I have to introduce you to my grandchildren" she said that and they all walked in,she must have told them beforehand.

"This is Zainab" she pointed to a girl who might be older than me. "This is Fatimah" she pointed to another girl,probably agemates with me. "This is Yaqub" he was a young boy,a little older than Waleed. She then pointed to the oldest guy "this is Alhagie" she smiled.

That guy,Alhagie! I looked at him again and again....yes! I remember.
The guy that held me when I was about to fall. His looks tell clearly that he remembers me. He smiled,I smiled back.
He didn't get to answer my question yesterday...the answer was here.

He was Alhagie!

-----

(✏TIMABELLE💛)