twenty four

july 20, 2020

in outerbanks
JJ DROVE TO MELODY'S HOUSE ON HIS DIRTBIKE. He walked up to the front door and knocked, no answer, knocked again, no answer. He peeked in one of the windows and the house was empty. He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed her number. He called twice and no answer. "hey!" one of melody's neighbors yelled and jj's head whipped towards the sound.

"you lookin' for someone?" the man asks, "uh yeah..im looking for my friend, melody" jj walks down the steps and closer to the man.

"her and her brother left early this morning, i was out here plantin' some tomatoes and they came out with suitcases, think they goin' on a trip" the man recalled and jj nodded. "uh thank you, have a good day" jj drove away and to the chateau.

Only pope and john b were there cause kie was working, so they didnt call her. "have you guys heard from mel?" was the first thing he asked when he got there.

"no, why" pope asked

"i went to her house and no one was there and
then her neighbor told that he saw her and jake leave this morning with suitcases"

"you think its just like a spontaneous kind of thing?" john b questions.

"i dont know man, im worried about her" jj added.

"did i tell you guys about how she got drunk and was like passed out when jake and i found her?" pope says and john b and jj both look at him with questioning looks. "no when the hell was that?" john b sputters.

"a few weeks ago, i thought i told you guys" pope throws his hands up in defense.

"okay but where would they go?" jj changes the subject.