twenty three

july 20, 2020

MEL AND JACOB SAT IN THE AIRPORT'S  CHAIRS WAITING TO BOARD. Jacob was beyond nervous, his leg was bouncing and he was chewing on his lip. Melody grabbed his hand and held it.

"you want a snack?" she asks and he nods. She grabs her wallet and phone. Mel walkes to one of the convience stores, she picked up  chips, a few bags of candy, water and gum. The store was empty so she didnt have to wait in line. She paid and walked back to their gate.

Jacob and Melody walked out of the hallway that lead from the plane and into the airport. Melody scanned faces until she saw her dad and cassie waiting with big smiles on both of their faces. Jacob felt tears in his eyes when he saw him. The two teenagers walked up to them. Melody and cassie shared a hug while jake was just staring at his dad. Mark wrapped his arms around his son and patted his back. After their hug, cassie greeted jacob with a hug. "you still have two more people to meet" mark added and jacob furrowed his eyebrows. "who?" jake asked. "you'll see" mark smiled.

On the way back to the house cassie and mark both asked jacob about his girlfriend, school, friends and his life. Mark parked his car in the driveway. Cassie unlocked the door and a faint gigle could be heard. Melody looked over at jacob and sent a cheeky grin.
Ari and Nathen came running and gave their parents hugs before hugging melody. "hi guys" melody fist bumps nathens. "this is jacob" cassie says and ari smiles and hugs him. He smiles and hugs her back. "im ari" she introduces, and nathen hugs him. "im nathen" the toddler says and jacob smiles.