ten

june 25, 2020
THE DRIVE BACK TO THE HOTEL was filled with tears and starbucks. She parked her car in the lot and grabbed her stuff. She checked her face before she got out, her face was red and puffy. great. She walked up to the room and opened the door. Jj and john b jumped up from the beds and looked at her confused. "where were you?" john b questions and she sighs. "out" she answers, blankly. "out where?" jj asks. "somewhere, it doesn't matter ok? drop it" she said and the two boys looked at eachother. Kie and pope came in and looked at melody. "where'd you go?" kie asked and melody shrugged and took a drink of her strawberry açaí refresher. Everyone was still a little pissed at her for not saying goodbye but they dropped it. They spent the rest of the day watching movies.

june 27 , 2020
It was the last day and everyone was packing and getting ready to leave. After they double checked that they had everything, kie got in mels jeep and the guys decided to go in the twinkie. Not long into the drive kie turned down the volume for the music and spoke, "mel.. is everything alright?". "yeah, i just have some shit going on right now" she answered ans kie nodded. The two talked about random stuff. Melody's secret phone rang from inside the dashboard and kie furrowed her brows. "what is that?" she asked and mel silently prayed that it would stop ringing and it did. Mel sighed out of relief and kie was still confused but let it go.
They got back in outerbanks at around 10 pm and everyone went home. Melody unlocked the front door to her house and walked in. Jacob came out from upstairs with a baseball bat leveled. He smiled when he saw melody. They hugged. "is mom home?" she asked and he shook his no. Melody hadnt really thought about how her mother literally tried to kill her father. What the hell was she supposed to do now?