eight

june 21, 2020
MEL AND JJ WERE SINGING THEIR hearts out as she drove. They had all the windows down and the wind was blowing their hair around. "mel, i gotta pee" jj turned the music down and mel turned onto the ramp where there was a rest stop, they were about three hours in and three hours to go until they switched. Mel parked and the twinkie followed. Everyone stretched and jj ran to the bathroom. "i told him he should save his soda, did he listen? nope" kie chuckled. The two girls walked into the women's bathroom and did their business. "pope wont stop going on about how we cant get arrested and blah blah blah" kie said and mel laughed.

june 22, 2020
After hours of driving they pulled into the hotel parking lot. It was still somewhat warm even thought it was like 2 in the morning. Everyone grabbed something and they walked in. Melody had the room keys on her phone so they didnt have to check in. "rooms 410, and 412" melody announced and they stepped in the elevator. "im so tireddddd" kie leaned her head on mels shoulder and closed her eyes. The elevator dinged and mel, jj, and john b all shared one room and pope and kie shared the other. The rooms had two full size beds. Jj jumped on one of the beds, face down and sighed. "okay are either of you gonna shower?" melody asked. "nah ill take one tomorrow" john b answered and jj shook his head no. "k then imma take one" melody grabbed her toiletries and closed the bathroom door behind her. She stripped and let the hot water hit her skin. She washed her hair, washed her body, and shaved. She put one of the white fluffy towels around her body and opened the bathroom door. Steam came out of the bathroom and she giggled. Jj and john b were both passed out in different beds. Mel grabbed a tshirt and a pair of boyshorts and slipped them on. She climbed into bed next to jj and fell into a deep sleep.

Hours later, melody woke up snuggled into a blonde head. He had his head resting on her shoulder and was snuggled into her side. The sun was shining through the door to the balcony. She heard a door open and a few seconds later john b, kie, and pope all smiled at her. "good morning" melody's voice was raspy. "morning mrs maybank" kie teased and melody playfully rolled her eyes.

"jj and melody sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, second comes marriage, third comes the baby, with the baby carriage" pope and john b sang while kie danced. "oh my god, are you guys in sixth grade?" melody remarked. Jj's cheeks were tinted with a pink shade, him being awake during the others little performance and hearing kie call melody, mrs maybank.

They all had breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Melody had found mark's neighbors address in one of cassie's instagram posts with their kids standing outside with awards or something. She went on google earth and typed in the neighbors address and found the house she was looking for. "no fucking way" she muttered to herself as she typed the address in google maps and their house was only 30 minutes away. Kie and pope were at the hotel snack bar and john b and jj were drinking beers down by the hotel pool.
While melody tried to figure out what to do.

.