When I'd finished, I stopped pacing and looked over to see Ed and Em with their mouths hanging open.

"What?!" They both exclaimed in unison.

"You're telling us that this hot girl that you're totally into is doing all these things with you and you just met her yesterday?!" Ed got up and shook my by my shoulders.

"Gah! Stop shaking me!" I ducked under his arms and sat down on my bed next to my sister. "Yes! And I don't know what's going on, but I'm not against it..." I was staring at the ground, trying to process everything.

"Well, it sounds like you like her, which is different from most people you meet," Em observed.

"I think 'like' is an understatement," Ed chuckled and sat down on my other side. He then winced and glared at Em, who had just jabbed him in the side, but I didn't care. I was lost in my mind, trying to figure out what about Luz made me just open up like that.

"Well, when are you going to see her again?" Em gave me a soft look and smiled.

"Tomorrow at school... and then she's taking me to her house after school to clean out what's going to be the band room," I looked up to see my sister's reaction. She was always more helpful with these sort of things. She has a girlfriend so she understands what I'm going through. Ed always tries his best, but he's been dating Jerbo since his sophomore year of high school, so he's no help.

"Well, that should be fun!" Emira gave me a reassuring smile. It made me lighten up.

"Yeah..." I smiled. "But I should probably get some more work done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow."

"Aren't you already like five assignments ahead?" Edric raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but I can't fall back or mom and dad will kill me," I said bluntly.

Both of the twins stood up and Em spoke. "Well, we'll leave you to it!" She dragged Ed out of the room, and thankfully he actually closed the door behind him this time.

I sighed and got to working even farther ahead. And after a few hours of that, I was satisfied and I got up to go do my nighttime routine. Once finished, I changed into my pajamas, turned off the lights, settled into my bed, and set my alarm. I drifted off to sleep, thinking about what tomorrow would bring.

*le gay time skip*

I was snapped out of a dream by an annoyingly loud beeping sound. I rolled over and fumbled around my night stand, trying to find my phone. Once I grabbed it, I cracked my eyes open just enough to shut it off and I stretched before getting up to get ready for the day. I was sluggish walking into my en-suite bathroom until I remembered what I had in store for today.

Oh yeah! I get to see Luz a bunch today! I got excited thinking about talking to the Latina again. I quickly got ready and made sure I looked presentable in my uniform. I double checked that the collar of my white button up shirt was perfect, there were no wrinkles in the white and royal blue skirt, my tie was on right, and there was no lint on my blazer before gathering my things and walking out of my bedroom and down to the living room.

And there I sat, waiting for Boscha to come and pick me up, which was supposed to be right around-

HONK HONK!

Oh. I guess she's here.

I walked out of my house and got in the back of Boscha's car since Skara was already seated in the passenger seat.

"Hey, Amity!" Skara turned around and waved at me. 

"Hello, Skara," I gave her a small smile.

Boscha stayed quiet, and it concerned me for a moment, but I shrugged it off, assuming it was nothing.