Chapter 1

I know this is out of order, but I'm changing things up a bit. Supergirl has always been my passion project, so now I'm working on that first. The pairing of this story will be SuperCorp. I'm giving it another shot after watching the series finale. Especially with all the rumors going around. And now, on with Second Chances: Supergirl.

Kara was surprised when she woke up after blacking out at the dawn of time, not due to shock of whatever had happened, but by a small, but significant weight jumping on her stomach, followed by a young girl's voice saying the last thing she ever thought anyone would ever say to her.

"Mommy, wake up." the girl said as Kara's eyes shot up in time to see a young girl sitting with her knees on her stomach and looking at her.

"What?" Kara asked.

"Come on mommy, you need to get dressed so you can take me to school before work." the girl said and Kara decided that before she figured out what was going on, she'd just play along, even though she had no idea what this girl's name was.

"Okay sweetie, can you please get off my stomach so that I can get ready?" Kara asked and the young girl nodded eagerly as she got off Kara and ran out of her bedroom.

"What is going on?" Kara asked as she looked around her bedroom and saw that while it was mostly the same, there were a few changes. Mainly pictures of her and that same young girl all around it.

"This is your new reality Ms. Danvers." a familiar voice said and Kara was so glad she was wearing pajamas as she saw the Monitor appear in her room.

"What are you doing here?" Kara asked.

"Relax Kara Zor-El, I am simply here to give you answers." Novu said.

"You mean like about what's going on?" Kara asked and Novu nodded.

"This is the new reality that you and the other paragons created when you set off a new big bang at the dawn of time." Novu said.

"It looks a lot like the old one." Kara said.

"Not exactly. For starters, it's now the year 2012. In fact, the exact date is the day Oliver Queen returns home from Lian Yu." Novu said.

"Because while we fanned the flames, he was the one who lit the spark." Kara said, remembering what Oliver had said.

"Yes and before you ask, he's still alive and he will remember the way the world was. As will the other paragons." Novu said and Kara realized what that meant.

"Lex." Kara said.

"I could not prevent him from being resurrected to this new world like the rest of you, I was able to alter his memory so that he would not remember the old reality. Doing so was essential in ensuring that this new universe remained in balance, for if he remembered how he was defeated." Novu said.

"Then he'd know how to prevent it." Kara said and Novu nodded.

"Now, if you erased Lex's memories of the old reality, is there anyway you can give me the memories of my counterpart from this one so that I can know who that adorable little girl in my apartment is?" Kara asked.

"I was already planning on it." Novu said as he waved his hand and Kara felt a brief headache as the new memories entered her mind, though she still kept her old ones.

"Thank you. Now don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I never see you again." Kara said and Novu chuckled.

"Don't worry, I understand. However, my next stop is to see J'onn J'onzz, since he can use his abilities to restore the memories of non paragons here." Novu said.

"Thank you." Kara said and Novu nodded as he disappeared and Kara took a second to fully digest her new memories.

The first and most importantly, the ones of the young girl who lived in her apartment. A girl who's name she now remembered was Esme. Her daughter. Adopted daughter but still. Kara smiled as she realized that she was a mom, something that she never thought she'd ever be. Then the other memories settled over her. Her life was relatively the same on Krypton and during her youth in Midvale. Things didn't really change much until she moved to National City. That was where her life started to change and it was so much better. In this reality, she'd been hired right off the bat as a reporter at Catco instead of being Cat's assistant first, but now she was still a reporter and she was actually now one of Catco's best. Her job was actually how she'd found Esme. She'd been doing a story on local alien foster homes, since she'd chosen that topic due to how close she was to it and she'd found Esme in what she wouldn't call a good home. While she had exposed the owner for the person she was and gotten the place shut down, after seeing the look of hopelessness on Esme's adorable little face, Kara knew that she had to do what Eliza had done for her and she'd taken Esme in as a foster daughter, though that had quickly turned into a full adoption. It had been two years since then and she was loving every minute of being a mom. And now that she remembered her little girl, Kara knew that there was nothing she wouldn't do for her. She wasn't even disappointed that she hadn't become Supergirl yet. Esme was more important to her. So much so that she'd even already told her daughter that she was kryptonian, which worked out since Esme was a Dyralian, so Kara was also helping the young girl learn to use her powers.

"Esme, do you have everything?" Kara called out to her daughter as she finished getting her things together to go to work.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Esme called back as she ran out of the living room where Kara let her watch cartoons with breakfast before they left for the day, her princess backpack on her shoulders and Kara smiled at how cute her daughter looked.

"Now, did you remember your permission slip for your field trip to the aquarium today?" Kara asked and Esme nodded.

"I can't wait to see all the fish." Esme said and Kara laughed.

"Remember, Aunt Alex is picking you from school today since I have to work late." Kara said, hating herself for saying the words, which was ironic, since about a month or so ago to her, she wouldn't have minded working late. Now she actually had someone to come home to again.

"Okay. Will Aunt Kelly be with her?" Esme asked and Kara smiled as she remembered that Alex and Kelly were already together and while they weren't married yet, they were close enough to it that Kara had told Esme to call both of them her aunts.

"That's a question for her sweetheart. Now remember, be good and don't use your powers at school." Kara reminded her.

"I know." Esme said and Kara laughed as she grabbed her car keys (yes, she had a car now since she couldn't fly Esme to school every day, though she still preferred flying to work after she dropped Esme at school) and they headed out.