CHAPTER 38

✧• 38 •✧

Alia's POV:

"I felt my head throb and eyes prick, as I lifted my head up. It was like feeling all the things that initially happened when we first time-travelled to the Mycenaean period. I could barely move. And then I heard voices.

Aadhil and Aditi.

They carried me out from somewhere, dusty. I think it must've been the cubical pit that we saw the first time. And then we were taken to the hospital for an immediate check-up. And that's the adventurous story of your historic characters, my dear."

"Oh, it was very good mommy, I loved it. Can you tell me another one?? Pleaaaaaaseeeeee?"

"No honey, you need to read your lesson now."

"Mommy, please? I promise I'll read it later. Can I get another story?"

"Kyra darling, you need to read now. And I know you wouldn't read later because your father is gonna be home tonight."

"Reeallyy!!??"

"Yes dear. So, be a good girl na."

"Okay then, but only if you tell me what happened to them after that."

"You want to know, huh?"

I started tickling her, and we both ended up making a mess out of it.

"Sure. And then they couldn't tell the truth to anyone but just close friends Aadhil and Aditi."

"So, is Pai-tia and Si-mon living with us now?"

"No dear, but I used my friend's name so that you wouldn't forget the lesson and remember them even when the teacher questions about it during class. You'll remember mommy and her friends easily."

"Yes, you are right."

Little did she know that the Queen Pythia and King Symon in her history text lesson were none other than the rulers themselves- Alia and Sharuk. The greatest rulers of all times.

Little Kyra tugged at me when I didn't give her enough attention as I zoned out- again.

"So where they okay with staying in the past? How did their friends react after that?"

"Their friends wished that Sharuk and Rudra were happy in their past, baby. They realized that people don't stay with us, always. All of them, including Sharuk's dad, who thought he was dead, felt bad about losing them; because they weren't just friends, Kyra. They were family. And that's how family works. You feel them with you, even though they are not beside you. Their memories make you happy."

"Like how I know daddy is with me, even when he goes to work?"

"Exactly, baby. So enough about the stories. Now can we get back to the lesson?"

"O-Daddy!!!"

She ran towards him when she saw him enter the door. He picked her up and twirled around as she giggled, feeling the cool air brush past her face.

My eyes teared up, watching them play together. Varun knew everything that happened in the past, except one thing-which I planned to take it with me, to my grave. Seleakeus informed me I was from his bloodline and that's why we met. And he also told me how. It was because Our blood line comes from him and Anastasia. Sharuk and Anastasia couldn't have babies and so she went to Seleakues for help as he asked something in exchange for the favour of a child. So, she agreed to carry his bloodline with her. He gave her something to consume, which took root in her embryo. And then, my bloodline happened. So basically I meet my grandmother. That's when it made sense-why my father and Anastasia's grandpa looked almost the same. That shit was fucked up.

"Kyyraaaaaaa!! How's my favorite baby doing today!?"

"I'm good. Mommy told me a story, and you should hear it. It's Goooooooooodddd."

"Is it?", Varun asked me, with a concerned expression on his face.

I just shook my head as 'No' and gave a soft smile.

And that day I understood the quote 'Home is where your loved ones are.'

"Come on mommy, tell him! Tell him! Tell him!"

"Kyra, he already knows the story, dear. No need for it."

"Daddy, did you know the story?"

He gave a big nod, signaling 'yes'

"Okay!"

"So, how was the flight, Varun?"

"How well will it be when I'm the pilot?"

He said with a chuckle and motioned to join them.

A got up and hugged them both, as I realized-

I found my
'Escape to Reality.'

°⭒↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↞↠↞↠↞⭒°

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️😅

Here's my Instagram 👇

If you want to check out my quotes page !

Follow me for more updates.

Don't forget to click the ☆ button down below 👇

And also- Comment and Follow for more!

Stay safe 💪

Have a wonderful day 🌼