CHATPER 4

✧• 4 •✧

THE BIG GRADUATION DAY.

I've been waiting for this since day 1. It's not much when compared to other colleges which hosted 'Graduation week' where all the senior graduates get to parade the halls with pride- especially the weekend away with their friends.

Shanaya was bummed this morning as her parents informed that they couldn't attend the graduation ceremony. I don't blame her, because I would react the same way if I was in her shoes. I really hope she gets back to herself as we planned to throw her graduating-surprise birthday party. Her birthday falls on next month, but it won't be much of a surprise if it's on her birthday month (inspired by F.R.I.E.N.D.S.).

"Alia, kanna are you ready ma?"

I heard my mom ask from the other side of the door.

"Yes Mom, just 2 minutes!"

"Come fast ma- Shanaya and everyone are waiting for you."

I got ready 10 minutes back but I'm worried about something for some unknown reason. What could possibly go wrong Alia? Maybe you'll fall face flat in front of some....5000+ audience including your parents and friends? Nothing big right.

Or wardrobe malfunctioning ?

Some random stranger curses you for being an asshole in the first year?

Maybe your parents had to leave due to a 'Business emergency' ?

What more could possibly go wrong?

Calm down Alia, they are just ceremony-jitters and will wear-off once you calm down. You are not having an anxiety attack, for god's sake you are in a safe and sound place surrounded by your parents and friends who care about you.

I need to calm down.

"ALIAAAA?'

"Yes, mom...I'm coming!"

"Fast Alia."

I need to calm down. There are only two people who can calm me down in such situations. Those two people are out there and doesn't know what I'm going through right now. My mom is busy talking to everyone, keeping them occupied for my sake and Shanaya is with our friends. I don't want to disturb her either.

Okay, let me call Varun or text him.

I texted him- no response.

I called him- didn't attend the call.

Maybe he's busy or attending his class. So I decided to listen to his voice notes that he sent the other day. If I know one thing for sure, it's that his voice will calm me down and It worked. I went out after a few minutes, making sure that my hair wasn't messy, as I tried to pull them earlier.

There he was. As handsome as ever. Varun. What the hell is he doing here!? I couldn't take my eyes off him, is he really here or am I hallucinating?

"Hai Munchkin!" He beamed a smile.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Ouch, that's not the way to welcome someone."

"How long have you been here?" I could feel the rage building up inside me.

"For about past 10 minutes, I guess."

"And you didn't attend my call?"

"I thought you heard my voice and th-"

We were interrupted by Shanaya.

"Hey guys, as much as I would love for you guys spend time together, we need to go. Now."