CHAPTER 37

✧• 37 •✧

I watched as they both kneeled on the floor and looked around. People were quiet as they anticipated something bad to happen.

Oh, I will give them what they want.

Nobody messes with my family and lives.

"What shall we do to these two morons in here!?"

Some people shouted,

'Burn him'

'Drown him'

'Behead him'

'Same as the old one'

'Justice tree!'

"But those are too soon for these people. They need to suffer for what they did. Something more terrible and suffocating. They need to beg people to end their misery-to put an end to their suffering"

"My majesty, can I speak?" Azaruis requested to speak.

"Sure, go ahead."

"I met a seer in the dungeons, your majesty. He seems so old, but he said there was a way for all of you to get back to the present. I would like to give this knowledge of mine as a plead to forgiveness for what I did to Queen Alia."

"There is a way? And what seer?"

"Yes, your majesty. There's a guy who was with me in the dungeons that your guards threw me in. It was dark in there, but I could get a peak of him when there was very little light from the fires. He looked so old. I don't even remember throwing him in the dungeon during Dorian's rule. Maybe he must be much older than he looks. And he enquired me about 'the people who came from the present'- you people. When I told him what happened, he didn't seem troubled, as if he knew that was going to happen. And he was the one who told me how to save Queen Alia, in the first place."

"Wow, interesting. Did he tell that we can get back to reality?"

"Yes, my king. He did."

"And you are using it to plead for your forgiveness. May I ask, why should I believe you?"

"Because I was able to save the Queen. I would also like to help you people. All I ask is for my life to be pardoned."

"Fine, if it works, then you will be released, but exiled from this city. And as for you Visailis, you'll be the meat for the tribe in the western part who feasts on humans, alive."

Azaruis dropped to the floor, relaxed.

Will that really work?

What if it works? Will everyone go back?

"So what is the way?"

"I heard that; the two pendant that you have with you should be put to use. Those are not just pedants. We have a tradition in here to crown each royal with an original stone or gem. Those are also the royal symbol that represent each house. For example- Your crown has a square gem that is embedded into your pendant. It differs with each crown that's made. When the Royal dies, the crown is buried along with them. And so is the pendant. But we still don't know who it ended up in the future, which I assume it is more than few centuries from now. The seer told me they are not just the stones, but also contain some power bestowed upon them when they were made. He said that, the person who's holding the stone can go to future if he breaks the pendant. He was true about every other fact that he said, so I assume this is the only way to get back to reality. And if it doesn't succeed then, you can punish or kill me."

Everyone was listening to him intently, without even making a noise. The entire throne room was silent- dead silence.

"But there are only two."