CHAPTER 23

✧• 23 •✧

Zoya's POV:

I have been crushing on best friend's brother for almost two years now. I don't know what it is about him, because I've known him for the past five years since our high school, but the last two years changed a lot.

I think he likes me too.

Sometimes when I glance at him, I already see him watching me and our eyes connect. I give a small smile and let it go since he is my best friend's brother, and it is the girl code to not date her brother.

Everyone, including Shanaya, Ajay, Varun, Alia and Sharuk, were in the living room after the party was over. During the sleepover, we were accompanied by Sid and his two other friends who decided we should play a little game. Where Shanaya ended up daring me to get locked up in the closet with Sid.

Cliche.

Just like how they show in the movies, my heart started beating fast when I agreed to the dare and so did he.

I have never been so close to a guy-ever. It was the first time, and I felt nice, just because it was with Sid.

I didn't know how long it would last, as she didn't say any specifics. They said we just have to be locked in here. So I guess we have to wait until they open the door, so tried to make a small conversation.

"So, how's life going with you? I heard from Alia that she caught you and two of your friends almost naked in your room."

"Oh my God, you girls talk a lot." he said with a chuckle.

"No, I was just asking about you when she told me this and invited me to the sleepover."

"Oh, so you were asking about me?"

He seemed interested.

"Yeah, you know, just generally. Like how's life? How's is your paati doing? How's your brother? And other kinds of stuffs since I just came back from Chennai, after a month."

"Oh okay. Yeah, actually it was for a shoot and I explained it to her earlier. Didn't she say about that ?"

"No, she didn't. She was like, 'That guy- Oh My God you wouldn't believe what happened- My Brother. I just caught three of them almost naked' ".

"That little piece of sh... Anyway, it was for the photo shoot and you know I work with model photography, right? So we were just rehearsing on how to pose from the fashion catalogue that Alia buys-the one that she gets every month. So yeah, we were just trying that, and not anything else because I was wearing trousers and T-shirt. They had bikini and boxer shorts on because they're professional models. I think you might know, that's how underwear modelling works."

"Oh yeah, I get it. You don't need to explain yourself to me. I was just wondering why wouldn't someone close the door if they were doing it."

"No Zoya, we weren't doing anything!"

"I know, I know-now."

"So, are we cool?"

"Yup."

"By the way, how are things going with you? Any other plans after PGD?"

"Yeah actually, uncle Zain informed us that Dhask, Rudra and I will go on the same trip as that of Alia, Shanaya and Sharukh."

"Oh, that's great. That's good for you. Go, girl!"

"Thank you so much. Do you know you are sweet?"

Damn it Zoya, why would you have to say this something like-right now; out of the blue in a closet locked with a guy.

"Am i? Anyway thanks for saying that. You are adorable."