CHAPTER 27

✧• 27 •✧

I rushed to see Shanaya and Sharuk as soon as we entered the castle. I asked Anastasia you stay with her grandfather in a guest chamber as I made sure that no one saw them entering the chamber. After hearing all those things from Darius, I don't think I can trust anybody except my friends from the present.

They were still in my room the way I left them. I went inside and informed everyone to not leave this chamber unless I come to get them. Shanaya and Sharuk handed me their piece of coin, when I asked for it.

I was on my way to the room where Darius was in, as I tried putting the coin pieces together. There was a bright yellow light which almost got me blind and then the coin was as good as new.

Anastasia was pacing back and forth when I reached the room. I asked her to get Nikolas and meet us back in here. She left as soon as I gave her the order. Then I entered another small chamber where Darius was sitting with a stick.

"Darius, I'm back, so here's the coin that we have."

I showed him the coin, and he didn't touch that as well.

I knew it.

Something was definitely wrong with both these artefacts.

"What is it this time?"

"My queen, it belongs to another king Symon, who was killed by his own people and he had the fish skin as well."

I think I was about to get what was happening. It's like a repetition or a loop, maybe?

"So both these things belong to the Royals who were murdered by their own people?"

"Yes. That is what it is. I directly served under Queen Pythia. She was such a great queen and so was Symon-who ruled few years back. They both were well known for their reforms and the things they brought to the society, discovery and also for having wealthiest state nearby."

"Okay but wh-"

A knock on my door interrupted me. That must be Anastasia.

I opened the door to see Anastasia and Nicholas, her father. He bowed down as soon as he saw me.

"My queen, what a great pleasure."

"Come in."

I closed and locked the door behind me so that it was just the four of us.

"So Sir Nicholas."

"Yes, my queen?"

"I have a few questions to ask about."

"Anything, Your Majesty."

"So why did you ask Anastasia if I was having a fish-skin? I know she told you about the condition with my two friends who have that."

"Yes, my queen, but I recently heard a rumour that you were the one having the fish-skin. Maybe it was one of your maids who saw that or someone else, but there was this word that was spreading around, so I just wanted to make sure you were safe.."

"Thank you for your concern over my safety, Nicholas. I am very safe."

"I will do anything to keep you safe my queen."

"OK, so tell me one thing, Nicholas and Darius. Both of you, with your experiences, tell me if I'm right, okay?"

"Sure. We will help you."

"So the pendant and the coin that is in front of me belong to the two great rulers of all times. Am I right?"

"Yes, my queen."

"Good. The two common things these rulers had were the extreme reforms for the welfare of the people by which they attained the good fame and the fish skin. Am I right?"

"Yes, my queen."

"So after that, their very own people whom these rulers worked for, killed them just because they thought that disease was contagious, am I right?"

"Again yes." Nicholas answered this time."

"So Darius, you served Queen Pythia, right?"

he nodded.

"Where you, the Queen's guard when the queen was killed in her sleep?"

"No, my queen, I was scouting the village."

"Okay, I think I might know something now. At least I have some idea on what is going on. Thank you both for your presence. I'll keep this in mind, Anastasia. You are really the best thank you."

I gave her warm smile and grabbed the pendent and the coin that was placed on the table. Together.

And that's when it struck me.

Images.

°⭒↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↞↠↞↠↞⭒°

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️😅

Here's my Instagram 👇

If you want to check out my quotes page !

Follow me for more updates.

Don't forget to click the button down below 👇

And also- Comment and Follow for more!

Stay safe 💪

Have a wonderful day 🌼