CHAPTER 19

✧• 19 •✧

The gathering went really great. Great as in- I received more applause from my people, letting me know they support me with this. Not everyone was glad about it, especially the Senators and the Elites. They rule over the poor; the class based divisions are rooted in their lives. Everyone was congratulating, when a small boy approached me. It was the guy whom I met when we landed In here, the first day. He gave me a beautiful smile that showed that one missing tooth on his front.

"Do you remember me?"

"Of course, everyone talks about you. The girl from future who changed their past."

"That's very generous of you guys to talk about me."

"No, it's true. You did have an impact on us, Queen."

"Don't call me that. Not at least when I'm here with you all. Call me Alia."

"Alia. I'm Myreon."

"Nice to meet you, Myreon. How old are you?"

"I'm about to turn 10."

Wow, he looks way bigger than a 10-year-old boy.

"I th-"

"Alia ! Alia!"

Anastasia called me with desperation laced in her voice.

"We'll talk later Myreon."-He left after saying goodbye.

"ALIA. I found something-something, from my father."

"Ana, take deep breaths. And then tell me what you found."

"I found out about the condition that Sharuk and Shanaya are having."

"What? How did you know about Shanaya? And are you sure?"

"I was with her this morning when I saw the mark on her shoulder. Yes, it was my dad. I was telling him about that and then he reacted as if, as heard something that contains bad news."

"What are you saying, girl?"

"Yes. I'll explain everything- let's get back to the castle."

"Sure, I'll make arrangements."

_______________________________________________________________________________

We came to my chambers and locked the door behind so that no one would even disturb us. She said it was a matter of life and death. What did she mean by that?

"What happened Alia, what was the rush?" Shanaya seemed frustrated when I asked her to come to the castle with me, immediately. I don't know what's gotten into her today. She seems to act all weird.

"It was because of me." Anastasia piped in to save me.

"What is it, agapi?" she blushed furiously when Sharuk called as love.

"I learned something from my dad today about the condition that you both have." She motioned to both of them. They looked at each other but didn't say a word.

"He said that. It was fatal...." She trailed off as her voice broke in the end.

"Oh, continue, please." Sharuk's voice dipped in.

I feel bad, terrible. It didn't have to be this way.

"It started few hundred years ago, when my great grandpa was a kid. The story travelled in our family ever since the incident took place. There was this queen named Pythia who was a very generous ruler, just like our Alia."

My eyes got wide when I heard that name and so did Shanaya's as we looked at each other, knowing where we heard that name earlier.

"She was the best ruler in her times and was known for her flawless beauty and impeccable rule. But after some years, she had caught some disease that was called as 'Fish-skin'. Her entire body started turning into mud-brown colour as the texture of the skin turned scaly with flakes. So dry that it would start falling if you touch them. It was rumoured that someone who didn't like her rule- someone who didn't benefit from that used an object of dark on her. She then died within few months and was buried with separate ground. And to top that, you guys came from her burial site."