Chapter 47 : Rotten Ginger

Start from the beginning

" Just sit quietly and don't infuriate me any further. This ends here. " I hear Hans' voice spitting these words in an angered tone. I'm a little relaxed that it is Hans who's driving and not some stranger but I'm also scared that it is Hans who's driving.

And what does he mean by this ends here?

What ends? where?

After around twenty minutes, I experience a jerking inertia, which means the car has stopped from a very high speed. My heart literally jumped out of my chest for a second. He opens the door for me, waiting for me come out. But I don't.

" Your legs aren't tied so use them for Hell's sake. " he grunts, and I don't react. I kind of want him to carry me, I don't know if that's because I'm feeling lazy or I don't want to fight with him anymore.

Again, I don't know if it's because I'm about to get murdered by him but I think I overreacted last night. Whatever he did, it was wrong, but somehow it brought us close. Because of that one lie, I spent one of my life's most beautiful moments with him.

I don't want to fight. I want to be close to him.

Not wasting much time he slips his hands under my thighs and behind my back and carries me like the way he did on our wedding.

Since, I'm blindfolded I have literally zero idea of where I'm being taken. I really hope Hans is not handing me over to some goons or mafia.

I mean I just did a little joke about his hair.

He wouldn't do that me, would he?

" I would...like to show you something. " he makes me sit on a chair kind of thing and removes the tape from my mouth in one go that it must have waxed my upper lips hair.

" Gee, Hans I appreciate that but I have a little problem. " I innocent mumble.

"What is it? "

"I can't see with my eyes closed. " I yell. And that's when he undoes blindfolds. As I slowly open my eyes I can't close them. This is like a massive hall and all its walls are fully covered with my pictures and portraits.

Pictures from my college time and our trips to our snow fight in Chicago's first snow. Seems like he has put my lives most precious moments on these walls. Everywhere I look, I see myself.

" Hans, what is this? " I look over to Hans with my mouth and eyes wide open.

" This is me ending it all right here. I'm returning what belongs to you and only you. " taking out something from his coat's pockets, he grasps it tightly into a fist. He brings his fist close to my face and I look at it with complete cluelessness.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to react to any of this. His words say one thing, his actions say the other thing and his face being impossible to decipher as ever.

" Open it. " he tells.

Heaven knows why my heart beat is getting hard and fast. I fear if he could hear it. Slowly, as I open his fist my eyes immediately turn teary. All the memories and flashbacks floods into my mind.

Why is he doing this?

Why does he still have my wedding ring?

And why is he showing it to me now?

" Hans-- "

" Do you remember today's date?” innocently looking into his eyes as I speak, “ March 29th. ”

“ Three years ago today, I made the worst decision of trusting Rebe. The day I raised my voice at you. The day I lost one of the most important persons in my life. I lost my silly nerd. I would go back in time and change it if I could. ” holding my hands in his, he places my hand onto the left side of his chest, “ You see, only you can make my heartbeat run like that. ”