Chapter 49: Night terror, with hints of assassins

Recap

"I will send my nephew home first. We will continue our conversation later, your majesty."

As the archduke led the red head and his ally out of the palace. The king turned his attention to the mess his 2nd son had created, along with his supporters. Before recalling the words of the young man who pointed everything out without a sweat. He dared to do it in front of his king, but their eyes held confidence and wisdom.

'Should he followed one of my sons, they would become the righteous king... since he is Luke's relative. The Henituse has lots of interesting people... it's a pity that she isn't here to see her baby grow. The Thames bloodline is very unique.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cale was led to the entrance, as they parted with Felicia, who Cale found out was a big fan of his uncle. Especially from the stories she heard from her father.

"I didn't expect Gordon's daughter to be so cute."

His uncle laughed at that fact, as she wants to learn all his techniques and aim to be the first female swords master.

"Uncle please don't be an old man into little girls."

Cale bluntly told his uncle, who was shocked at the statement his own nephew made on him. As the latter just headed to the carriage without showing an ounce of pain in his movement. No one who notice that he had consume poison, if it wasn't for the whole fiasco that happened in the palace. Along with the adorable little blue songbird on his shoulder.

"By the way, who is this little one? I didn't expect you to have a guardian as well."

Luke mentioned, as the master and guard just looked at the older Henituse in confusion.

"Ah. It's a long story. I will come by to the manor, with my son to explain to you. Then you get to meet your cousin."

"Where are you staying? Aren't you staying in the Capital's manor?"

"Nah. I'm not a Henituse. I have a small place in the capital, gifted by the king. Occasionally some servants go to clean it up. Me and my son are there."

Luke explained to his cute nephew, who frowned.

"Who told you that? Who said that Uncle isn't a Henituse anymore? Once a Henituse, always a Henituse. We move to protect family and money, don't listen to those old timers, just stay with us for the night."

Luke just smiled and pat his nephews head and ruffled his hair. The ice mage, just smiled at the family interaction, as he too missed his own father and adopted father, but that is a desire, which can be easily fulfilled.

Aster opened the carriage and gestured Cale in.

"Shall we go, my lord? The children are waiting for you."

"Right. I will see you Uncle. Come by when you have the time, we plan to leave in 3 days."

With that Cale and the mage went in, before the driver started driving the pair off to their place. Dame Felicia returned to report about what happened when she was escorting the guest, leaving the archduke to wave at the carriage until it disappeared from sight. 

"Now. The palace rats seems to have increased. 10 from Mogoru, 15 dark elves, 2 from Norland, 7 from Paerun... ah, this king has to compensate his loyal swords master from dealing with these insects."

Luke mumbled before returning back to the palace to deal with the king and the rats.

When Cale and Aster returned to the Henituse manor, he got tackled in the stomach by his children, which aggravated the pain from the poison, but he didn't let out a peep of pain, as he just told the children it was time for dinner. Once dinner was done, the children retold all the things they did while waiting for him to come home.