Chapter 24: One mess clear, another to go

Recap

"I'm fine. These don't hurt and I it will be gone by tomorrow." Cale told the little dragon as he pat the child's head. "Let's head back first." He told the child, as he went back to the estate, and went to the music room, which has been slowly collecting dust.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 At least one of the 2 piano were, the other has been more used then the other. But Cale opened the dusty one to test that it still sounds prestige.

-Are you going to play another piece?-

"Maybe. I'm a bit bored." placing his hands on the keyboard, he immediately started a fast pace tempo, which echoed through the halls of the Gyerre estate. Raon already had the recording orb ready, is recording everything.

(Bad Apple!! [バッドアップル] (feat nomico ver.) - Touhou [東方] (Piano Synthesia))

Before going on to play random pieces with no goal in mind, but just something to get his mind off the painful beating.

He played all night long as Aster and the knights have successfully apprehended the merchants who were trading humans from their kingdom to their own. Everything went as plan with all the abducted was saved and they were able to keep it all within their territory and not have the rumors spread out of their place.

"So, this is where you went, young man."

Duchess Gyerre called out to the young master, who stopped his current piece to turn to her, as she sighed to herself. "How could you leave your mutt to me? He was looking high and low for his master."

Cale then just continued where he stopped, "I'm not his master. His master is Alberu Crossman. I am just the one providing a roof over his head and the one who lead him by the leash. I will lead him, then abandon him." he answered.

"He can hate me all he wants, but I will be there to lead that damn pup when he is lost." he smirked to himself, "and let him go again, after. Like a puppet master."

"Is that the real role, you give yourself?"

"... maybe. But it currently is, until I gather the powers to defeat the evil." he finished his sentence and his current piece. Before pushing off the chair. "Shall we take this somewhere more private?" Cale questions her, as the Duchess turn to see a crowd at the door, most of them were her servants who were curious of the music pieces. Even when their young master isn't home.

The pair went to the dinning room as dinner was served for everyone, as Aster came by to drop the 2 kittens before going off to get dinner with the other servants. They had a great dinner, while the hero is being treated by the locals, at their local tavern, while the others were just eating simple food. As Cale gave a very brief explanation of his future plans.

"Am I include in the circle of information?" she asked.

"that depends of the information. Because I don't plan to drag those who weren't involve into the battle. Currently the only trusted northeastern power are Eric hyung, Gilbert hyung, and Amiru noona. But I only gave Amiru more information, because she will be in it." he mentioned.

"A naval battle, is it? I see. Indeed, us in the Southwestern, won't be effected by the attacking forces. Unless the Mogoru Empire attacks." she agreed.

"They won't be attacking us first, as they will want to conquer the Whipper Kingdom, before we become a problem."

"So, we just need to keep a watch on our boarders... I won't allow human trafficking to continue here. But what does the Mogoru Empire need humans for."